Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Trailblazer Activ actually turns out being the off-road tuned model all the publications are saying it will be, would you buy it? I'm a big fan of the Colorado ZR2. So are most people, even those that were never interested in the Colorado prior to a ZR2 being offered. Instead a Tacoma. Now it seems Chevrolet wants to expand its off-road offerings to a more mainstream model.

Personally I know I would. Price it just under $30k, upfitted correctly, maybe not as wild as the ZR2 (being realistic here) and I'll buy one.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
291 Posts
The TB in the ACTIVE dress up is not going to cut it if you are wanting to do some REAL off roading. This is basically for snow, dirt roads and VERY mild type of off road things. I mean, look, it has a 3 popper motor. This is a nice looking car that is meant for minimal off road work. IMO

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Registered
89 Posts
The comparison to the Renegade Trailhawk is no-contest for true off roading, towing, & power. The Activ is more of a facade of off roading, and doesn't really have much more off roading credentials than the other trims.

On a test drive we found that the Renegade felt cramped. The design is covered in little easter eggs, which are fun when you first find them...but they seemed like cheap thrills that would quickly become tiresome/annoying. In Canada, neither Jeep or Chevrolet offer in-house financing, but Chevrolet had better financing through banks than Jeep had. (We got 0.99% on TB, versus 2.99% at Jeep). That drove the purchase decision to the TB, but I did like the Jeep. It felt solid.

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
My wife REALLY liked the Renegade or whatever that new jeep "with a truck bed" is. We both really liked it. She test drove it before she even knew about the TB. She did not like it surprisingly. She went to the Chevy lot and saw the TB and fell in love with the look. Drove one and then called me, I drove it and thought this is pretty nice and it is cool looking.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts