2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
622 Posts
Never figured it out on my TB

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer ACTIVE AWD 1.3L Turbo
5 Posts
Un
yes! my TB is built from 8/2020 and they specifically told me it had the wireless carplay. It was like a huge selling point to them. Cant figure it out still.
Unless you have the "Technology Package" that included it, you will not have it! They INCLUDED it in ALL trim Models as a standard option after 09/2020 and began charging $100 more in the base price. My Active (otherwise quite loaded, doesn't have it although they were NOT at all clear in their advertising! See this article and this one!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just purchased a '21 RS with the technology package and it has wireless Apple CarPlay.
Even our salesperson was surprised by it and said, " I didn't know these cars had that. It must be a new feature."
It does have an issue though. When using bluetooth on a call it makes a ton of noise like a rubbing\scratchy sound to the person on the other end. It sounds fine in the car. I noticed it's only when the car is moving on a rough road. My wife was driving the car when we were talking and I noticed when she stopped I didn't hear it any more and when she got on a freshly paved road it barely did it.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
622 Posts
A lot of sales folks out there don't know these TB's verywell if just because they have not been around long. Mine was the first one my dealer sold, they were with good reason not well versed on it.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
A lot of sales folks out there don't know ANY of the vehicles they sell very well! 😂

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
94 Posts
We just purchased a '21 RS with the technology package and it has wireless Apple CarPlay.
Even our salesperson was surprised by it and said, " I didn't know these cars had that. It must be a new feature."
That is standard with tech package.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Un

Unless you have the "Technology Package" that included it, you will not have it! They INCLUDED it in ALL trim Models as a standard option after 09/2020 and began charging $100 more in the base price. My Active (otherwise quite loaded, doesn't have it although they were NOT at all clear in their advertising! See this article and this one!
Well that’s not fair at all lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
My experiences suggest that the dealerships had very poor training during the Trailblazer rollout. We were told that all 2021 TB's had wireless android auto / wireless apple car play, and we were also told that the AWD activ came with a hitch. Neither of these ended up being true.

The trailering equipment was only the ability to add a hitch at additional cost, and the head unit does not support wireless android auto / wireless apple car play. It has been published that an update to enable wireless connectivity for these systems is not expected. I'm hopeful that either Chevy will do the right thing, or (more likely) some smart and enterprising individual will find a way to enable it without Chevy's help.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts