Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our 2021 TB Activ 1.3 AWD came with a 'winter cover' that installs at the bottom of the grill, to reduce airflow into the engine bay. Presumably the engine has more than sufficient cooling when the temperature drops, and reducing the airflow can help the heater achieve better cabin air temperatures for the passengers.

We misplaced ours and did not install it this past winter. However, we did notice that the TB struggles to heat up the cabin and struggles to defrost/defog the windshield.

Did anyone install their Winter Cover and are able to speak to how well it did or did not help?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
359 Posts
Thank you for posting. Definitely did not get one, and never seen before. I have never seen Chevy even mention it. Car they are showing is a Encore GX. I am sure it would help with faster warm up. I don’t remember having any issues where I would have used. Having the seat warmers has made really cold more tolerable.🥶

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
I think this may only be provided with the model in Canada or at least in colder climates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Definitely did not get one and I live in Chicago. That said, I don’t really see the need for it. It got plenty cold this year and the car never had an issue getting up to temp in relatively short order (and way, way the hell faster than the 1.4l Cruze I traded in for the TB, which legitimately would only just begin to blow somewhat warm air after like 20 minutes of driving…never in my life have I owned a car so slow to warm up)

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
359 Posts
Don’t know how I missed that in the owner’s manual. I believe the key wording is, If equipped, in how they discuss. Meaning, you would need to have ordered a certain package in order to get it. If it were based on geography, I believe MN would qualify for colder climate. Mine doesn’t have the engine block heater either. Maybe I am wrong about the climate here. We were in the 80’s the other day.🔥

·
Registered
60 Posts
Read about it in the owners manual but did not get one with my Trailblazer, been thinking about trying to get one, more for deep snow than cold.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Definitely didn't get one with mine. I have the block heater. Would be kind of cool to have, but don't know if I would even bother installing it in the winter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Didn’t get one with my car either. I’ve been scouring GMParts site and can’t find it. Anybody maybe have a part number for a TB RS?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts