Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this about a month ago. One part of the seal or what ever it is on the right side had torn and folded under. Now I see these little tears/indents on both sides. The car has 15k miles on it. We don't do off roading. Most streets around us are not 3rd world roads where one would see a lot of rocks. I don't think this is a rock hitting them issue. The front of the truck is chip free. Goes to dealer today for oil change and bringing up this recent issue happening.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The last image, that area on the bottom is the one where it folded in under its self. Water intrusion?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
866 Posts
You don't have to worry about water getting in since the windshield is bonded to the frame with urethane, but those marks don't look right. Has your windshield been replaced by you or maybe prior to you taking delivery? The marks look like damage done from replacing a windshield, like someone using the wrong tool to pry the rubber trim out.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not know if it has been messed with prior to me getting it. It pretty much came off the truck and into my hands when we got it. I do not recall these oddities prior to about 3 weeks ago. At that time it was just one bad place.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer is replacing the BEAUTY TRIM as they call this. It wraps around the windshield so that has to come out.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have used a spray washer on it a few times, I wonder if that may have caused it. Huum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts