Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 RS dealer said I’ll get the chip when they come in and last thing I read was it will be in the last quarter maybe first quarter next year before the new chips come in. My question though, what does the chip control other than the heated seats?

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+2022 Silverado 1500 RST Z71)
112 Posts
In general, different chips control different functions. I suspect the chip for the heated seats controls only that function, so you shouldn't have any other missing features unless the vehicle is missing multiple chips.

Disclaimer: this is a slightly over-simplified way of thinking about it.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,084 Posts
The chips are inside the various control modules throughout the vehicle. The control module for the heated seats is only for that feature and won't affect anything else.

Reactions: psnyder53

·
Registered
2022 TB LT awd 1.3 2020 Tacoma SR5
36 Posts
The function for Rear Park Assist is probably impacted as well. This is also due to the ongoing semiconductor shortage. I am keeping my fingers crossed we get the chips before first snow this year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The types of chips that are being reported as in shortage are known as FPGA, Field-Programmable Gate Array. It is a low-power, low-cost integrated circuit that allows customers to configure the chip to perform whatever function they need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The types of chips that are being reported as in shortage are known as FPGA, Field-Programmable Gate Array. It is a low-power, low-cost integrated circuit that allows customers to configure the chip to perform whatever function they need.
So Joey, what yer' sayn' her is .... I could configure it so I could have super cruise?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts