Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Mosaic Black 2021 Trailblazer RS AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! DocNoc here, showing what dark smoke Vvivid vinyl looks like on the tail lights.
It was my first time applying vinyl, and it was pretty difficult. I bought an extra roll to re-do the passenger side again, as I had some undesirable ripples due to user error.

My next plans to “murder” this TB out are:

Powder coat the stock 18” rims
Tint the front windows

Any other suggestions would be cool!

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,096 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Trailblazer! The black grill trim on the GM accessories site would look nice if you're going for the "murder" look.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
75 Posts
Hey everyone! DocNoc here, showing what dark smoke Vvivid vinyl looks like on the tail lights.
It was my first time applying vinyl, and it was pretty difficult. I bought an extra roll to re-do the passenger side again, as I had some undesirable ripples due to user error.

Tint the front windows

View attachment 1119
Looks great, I think this would also look pretty slick on my white RS. I ended up tinting the orange side markers and they turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
Mosaic Black 2021 Trailblazer RS AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe tint the Orange Hazard lights to make it more blended in and also are the Mudflaps weather tech or from the dealer?
That’s a great idea! The mud guards are cheap Amazon ones. Only complaint about them is the area facing the wheel isn’t flat, so I suspect mud and debris will get in there making it harder to clean. Ballin’ on a budget over here.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
75 Posts
That’s a great idea! The mudguards are the cheap Amazon ones. The only complain my about them is the well area isn’t flat, so I suspect mud and debris will get in there. Ballin’ on a budget over here.
lmao fair enough, I'm waiting for my parts to come in which is back-ordered, I'm replacing my mirror caps to black instead of grey and the front grille insert to black instead of chrome, probably will be delivered in November also going to change the bumper to black, later on, same with the rear to black

·
Registered
22” Chevy TB RS (
22 Posts

Tint the front windows

View attachment 1119
We have the same plan lol. I want to blackout my taillights exactly like yours but I’m afraid to get pulled over smh. I also took my TB to a vinyl wrapping spot and they couldn’t blackout the chrome around the bow ties. Was kind of disappointed as I’m also going for a blackout look as well. Keep updating on your mods. Much love.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
64 Posts
I want to start out by saying that I don't particularly have a problem with other people doing what they want with their vehicles and agree that the "murder" look is cool looking. But, I always wondered if people who tint their lights end up with any issues (other than police, idk what the specific rules are by state) related to visibility. Maybe it's because my last car was rear ended, but I would never do anything to make my brake lights harder to see. They're functional, not aesthetic. Same goes for headlights; there are posts on here complaining about the stock headlights on these vehicles while at the same time, others are tinting them.

I guess my point is, did you just decide that the trade-offs were worth the benefits of the look? I would also be concerned that the tinted lights might be used against you in an accident (even where you're not at fault) by the other driver's insurance. I certainly understand that everyone draws that line differently. A lot of people might say it's crazy to ride a motorcycle because I'm more likely to get killed in a crash, but I personally think it's worth how damn fun it is, lol.

As far as more tips: I'd get rid of the license plate frame (you'd get rid of some white and stop giving your dealer free advertising). Maybe look into vanity plates available in your state to make it match more if you want to go real hardcore.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have everything in back blacked out.. well i mean its just a dark tint, the lights still shine through. but i put that tint on all of the lenses on the back. I also blacked out the side markers in the front.
I did not black out the headlights or DRL's.
However, at one point i had a red tint on the DRL's, which looked really awesome. But (and i knew it would happen, i wanted to see how long i could get away with it) this is the one that got me pulled over.
The tinted rear lights is fine though, no issues where i am.

·
Registered
22” Chevy TB RS (
22 Posts
Yeah awesome and very thoughtful for you to point those out. At the end of the day safety is most important. For you and for others around you. Tinting headlights is illegal in my state (Hawaii) yet almost everyone that drives here has tint. People here rarely get pulled over for it. If I get pulled over for it I’m going to simply peel it off but as for right now I do want to enjoy an all blackout look. Im also sure the tint I ordered will still be easy to see while behind. The new Vvivid ultimate tint looks like light coming out is a lot better than the previous ones. I’m also sorry to hear you got rear ended. I hope all is well with you.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
64 Posts
Yeah awesome and very thoughtful for you to point those out. At the end of the day safety is most important. For you and for others around you. Tinting headlights is illegal in my state (Hawaii) yet almost everyone that drives here has tint. People here rarely get pulled over for it. If I get pulled over for it I’m going to simply peel it off but as for right now I do want to enjoy an all blackout look. Im also sure the tint I ordered will still be easy to see while behind. The new Vvivid ultimate tint looks like light coming out is a lot better than the previous ones. I’m also sorry to hear you got rear ended. I hope all is well with you.
Luckily I (and the other driver) were fine. I lost my Cruze, but wouldn't have gotten the TB otherwise. For a while I was salty about no longer having a sunroof, but I've gotten over it. I don't think (in my situation) it would have mattered if my taillights were tinted because I suspect the girl who hit me was paying more attention to her phone than to the stopped traffic ahead. Still haven't fully gotten over the rear view mirror anxiety when I'm at a light; always a bit nervous they won't stop again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts