2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
Thank you. That will give others an idea of what it looks like. This is what Chevy should show when advertising products they are selling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the hitch package as part of my deal and took it in today for installation. Was called near the end of the day saying the fit wasn't right for the components they recieved so after having the bumper removed they decided to put everything back together and wait for different parts which should arrive next week.

Quaid, I hope your installation was done correctly after seeing your pictures. My service department was concerned about drilled holes in the hitch assembly not matching up where they were supposed to so they decided it was best not to do the install. It was an inconvenience bringing it in and not getting the hitch done but thankful they didn't try to force it. I did get recall work done for a camshaft oil control valve center bolt problem that I was not aware of. So not a total loss for the day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought the hitch package as part of my deal and took it in today for installation. Was called near the end of the day saying the fit wasn't right for the components they recieved so after having the bumper removed they decided to put everything back together and wait for different parts which should arrive next week.

Quaid, I hope your installation was done correctly after seeing your pictures. My service department was concerned about drilled holes in the hitch assembly not matching up where they were supposed to so they decided it was best not to do the install. It was an inconvenience bringing it in and not getting the hitch done but thankful they didn't try to force it. I did get recall work done for a camshaft oil control valve center bolt problem that I was not aware of. So not a total loss for the day.
I am glad to hear that your dealership was so responsible about the installation fitment. Please share detailed photos of the installation once they complete the job, if you are able. I would very much like to see the results from others with hitch installations.

That's the first I am reading about the recall for a "camshaft oil control valve center bolt problem". If you have any identifying details about the recall, can you please add them here: 2021+ Chevy Trailblazer Recalls

·
Registered
5 Posts
Link posted in recall section. Like I said I was unaware of it. My service rep called it a recall but it looks like a service bulletin of some sort. I'll post pics of the hitch install when it happens as well.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts