2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
56 Posts
My assumption, but the V92 makes the chassis "trailer pulling ready". After paying for the hitch and it's install, as well as another assumption that the wiring harness trailering add-on be bought and paid for, THEN you can hitch up a 1,000 pound trailer. And don't forget about the new bumper trim surround you'll want to buy.

In the trailer dragging world, 1,000 pounds is not much.

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
I saw the same thing last night looking at the rim and wondered what it was. I bet it is the wire for the trailer. What else would be there.

I haven't removed the spare tire, but I have seen through the holes in the rim and there is some sort of wiring stored in there. Could that be the wiring harness?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
101 Posts
Found my sticker. V92 is on the list. No hitch, have not looked for wiring. I assumed that the hitch is a dealer add-on. Many times these type of accessories are just that...dealer installs at delivery.
Click on the GM Authority link above for more information, but yes the V92 is dealer installed.

Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
I saw the same thing last night looking at the rim and wondered what it was. I bet it is the wire for the trailer. What else would be there.
There is also a small subwoofer installed near the spare tire.

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
Click on the GM Authority link above for more information, but yes the V92 is dealer installed.

Steve
Agreed. V92 is actually Korea factory installed, but it does NOT include the frame mounted trailer hitch or the trim surround. The hitch, if available would be dealer installed, stateside.

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
I'd say if it is a RPO code listed on truck, is listed on my window sticker then it should be installed!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
I have not seen that. I don't have the upscale sound system so I may not have that. Is it under the tire?

There is also a small subwoofer installed near the spare tire.

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
An internet search for V92 RPO definition has revealed this:
V92 28505 P TPK R TRAILER PROVISIONS 850913 E 6 E A

Note the clarifier "provisions".

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
Meaning, it is avail but not installed standard equip?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have not seen that. I don't have the upscale sound system so I may not have that. Is it under the tire?
Yes and it's very small, lol. It's part of the Bose system. I'm sure it helps a little, but I'm still surprised how little it is, maybe a 5" speaker.

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
My take is that the V92 only makes it ready. Hitch, trim and wiring are all extra.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Meaning, it is avail but not installed standard equip?
Nope, provisions usually means that something has been supplied or furnished. In the synonyms and euphemisms game, I suppose it's noteworthy that V92 wasn't titled "Towing Package" or similar.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from @Smoser 's email with the Engineering contact. I'm hopeful that this will clarify the situation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Remember that the RPO list is not a window sticker kind of list. The RPO list are those things that are different between the cars coming down the assembly line. For example, in the GM authority link, it states that some trim levels do not get the V92 and some do. Therefore, it becomes and RPO item. A way to differentiate between specific VINs. All cars get a hood over the engine, so therefore the hood is not on the RPO list. A powered liftgate would be an RPO item. A spare tire would not.

Now, wouldn't we all like to know the difference between a V92 build and a non-V92 build? Good luck with that.

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
My window sticker says something about Trailering Package. Not the exact words it says but close. I don't have sticker dhere in front of me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is the cargo space and what's under the spare for an RS with premium sound. What's referred to as a subwoofer by some. The wiring that can be seen through the spare is for this speaker. Even after removing the speaker and it's surround, there are no signs of the trailering wiring. Nor is there any hint of a 4 wire flat connector tucked up under the bumper cover.

The window sticker for my car also says under the "standard equipment">"Trailering Equipment". So, looking forward to further explanation, even though I never intend on pulling a trailer.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 Posts
If it is listed as an option on my window sticker, is a RPO code should not be allowed to push our dealer to put that set up on? That said I prob would never tow with it. ha ha ha. I have a z71 for that.
So if I do not have the premium stereo but have that wife back there could I get a speaker from GM at some point when it is avail and plug it in and I have that BOOMING speaker back there? ha ha ha

·
Registered
101 Posts
So if I do not have the premium stereo but have that wife back there could I get a speaker from GM at some point when it is avail and plug it in and I have that BOOMING speaker back there? ha ha ha
Booming, lol. I'm being very nice even calling it a subwoofer. Your not missing out on much if you don't have one.

Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
According to our Korean Assembly friends, the hitch and bezel are supposed to be dealership installed. I forwarded the information the the Regional customer care and after sales manager the information and am waiting on a reply.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just confirming that there is a subwoofer inside our spare tire in the AWD Activ. This was the visible wiring I had guessed may have been the trailer wiring harness. So, the towing wiring harness remains a mystery.

UPDATE: perhaps the subwoofer might be a component of the active noise cancellation system. Off-topic to V92, but may explain the presence of this speaker despite the absence of the "Technology Package with Bose Premium audio".

Also...."Pre Production Sample"? :unsure:
IMG_20200716_170250.jpg

·
Registered
54 Posts
According to our Korean Assembly friends, the hitch and bezel are supposed to be dealership installed. I forwarded the information the the Regional customer care and after sales manager the information and am waiting on a reply.
That would make sense, and would match what I see now that I'm investigating chevrolet.ca

What are the chances that the wiring harness is buried in the current bumper, inaccessible until it is opened up for a hitch install? Why would the owners manual not provide details about the wiring harness in the trailer towing section?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts