Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Trailblazer, but I'd love it even more if I could get a hitch installed. All I need it for is to use a bike carrier.

Uhaul didn't even have recent Trailblazers as a vehicle option on their website, I thought that was odd so I called. After an hour on the phone they finally decided there's a way to do it but it will cost $389 for the hitch and labor. That seems high since every other vehicle on their site was about $200 total. Even the agent said he never seen it cost that much.

Why is this such an issue with Trailblazers?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
888 Posts
The high cost is because the whole rear bumper and crossmember have to be removed. It's not hard, just time consuming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my hitch installed at the dealership when I purchased the Trailblazer. They have to cut the plastic bumper cover and you have to purchase a cover that costs over $100 to cover it up. It is time consuming but worth the effort and cost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love my Trailblazer, but I'd love it even more if I could get a hitch installed. All I need it for is to use a bike carrier.

Uhaul didn't even have recent Trailblazers as a vehicle option on their website, I thought that was odd so I called. After an hour on the phone they finally decided there's a way to do it but it will cost $389 for the hitch and labor. That seems high since every other vehicle on their site was about $200 total. Even the agent said he never seen it cost that much.

Why is this such an issue with Trailblazers?
I also had mine done at the dealership when I purchased the vehicle. On the Chevy accessories website..it is $450
in parts alone. The hitch, the wire harness and the bezel. As ZR2LIFE pointed out it is a labor intensive...and I was
even uncomfortable having the rear bumper cover removed and cut. Can see a little touch up paint ... where they
must have had trouble get the bumper cover back in place. Also note the OEM version is a 1 1/4" hitch...my Thule
bike rack and my cargo tray are 2" so also need to purchase an adaptor. Still believe it is worthwhile not dinging
up the interior with a bike(s) or cargo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts