Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was driving my Trailblazer AWD LT along a 60 km/hr roadway heading for a stop light which involves a sharp left turn. As I approached the light I removed my foot from the accelerator letting it downshift as I was still not sure if I would make the green light. When I made the decision to continue, I pressed the accelerator and continued through the turn. Right then the engine exhibited a racing engine noise as the vehicle did not upshift so I was going 60 km/hr in a low gear and the RPM gauge was just under the 6,000 red line. I tried decelerating, slight acceleration, and a manual shift into neutral and back to drive with no change. At this point I pulled over to safety on the shoulder and power cycled the vehicle. It was perfectly fine after that.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour and/or have any other ideas on how to "wake" the transmission up?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
607 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having this problem yet, but my old Cruze did the same thing except it would randomly downshift into 1st when going over 60mph.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having this problem yet, but my old Cruze did the same thing except it would randomly downshift into 1st when going over 60mph.
The trans in the Cruze is the primary reason I got rid of it and bought the TB. Never malfunctioned like yours but absolutely loved to early downshift when decelerating making the thing engine brake so hard that in the length of a city block i could go from 30 to 5mph without touching the damn brake pedal.

On topic: I have the 1.3L with the CVT so can't directly compare experience, but have definitely had similar experiences in similar situations where the engine control module can't seem to figure out if it wants to continue to have the car in an overdrive setting to maximize fuel economy or not. It's not the greatest feeling in the world when you push on the gas pedal and you just feel the car stutter in a very confused and lackadaisical manner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts