2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT Awd mosaic black metallic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tire pressure did your Tb come with .
The one we have they are set at 48 psi and im thinking thats too high . what psi are you guys-gals running?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
51 Posts
What tire pressure did your Tb come with .
The one we have they are set at 48 psi and im thinking thats too high . what psi are you guys-gals running?
Mine were also at 49-50 psi which is way to high. The door sticker says 36 psi, so I set mine cold at 38 psi. The ride is better now, not as harsh. The max pressure for these tires is 50 psi which increases the risk for a blow out especially when the tires warm up and add another 2-5 psi after driving.

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was thinking also to lower the psi down to 38-40. Ill do that today after work

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
40 Posts
Before finalizing the paperwork, took it for a test drive. Tire pressures 48 - 49. Told sales dork to get them adjusted down to 36 while finalizing papers. Dim wit sales guy never did.
Door jamb sticker (driver’s door jamb) says they are to be 35PSI, cold. Cold is defined as not driven for 12 hours and no sunshine.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
51 Posts
Maybe all the Trailblazers shipped from Korea had tires set at 48psi? I was actually shocked they had that much pressure in them considering that's near the max for these tires and could pose a safety risk. :rolleyes:

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i lowered the psi to 38 on all 4 tires and the ride improved for sure .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked mine up today! Viewed the tire pressure from the app while it was being detailed and had them fix it! Tires were between 45-47. Way too much. So glad I saw this post.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just googled this, found one thing out there that says they over inflate so they don't get flat spots during shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts