Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Korea, there is not a forum, but a trailblazer club.

(Actually, I'm not sure if it's the same thing as a club or forum.)

At some point, people suspected that engine oil consumption was abnormally decreasing.

The suspected symptom is that the engine oil level gauge is clean before reaching 5000 km.

Does anyone know the capacity between Full-Low engine oil level??

I would appreciate it if you let me know

So, people with suspicion constantly went to the center to inquire

But the answer that comes back was always "No problem"

Then someone reported it to the media.

After a few days

Someone has heard the manufacturer's announcement that 0.9L oil is consumed per 3000km.

The manufacturer has not yet made a position on that announcement.

So now Korean buyers are struggling a lot T_T

Anyone who suspects abnormal engine oil burning??

I really need a lot of talk

Brake module, brake booster, infotainment system, Abnormal noise from turbo (whistle sound) etc

There are endless problems in Korean clubs

(Thank you for listening to the messy English XD)

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
557 Posts
I have not heard of anyone having oil consumption issues with their Trailblazers. When I did my first oil change at 3600 miles the oil was very black, but it wasn't low.

Steve

Reactions: Anjul

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
277 Posts
Hi Bang, Welcome to the forum. Your English is fine. I am now over 6,000 mile with 1 oil change. I have experienced zero oil level loss so far. It is a concern of mine with a new engine design. Especially after having a Chevy Equinox with the 2.4 that consumed a lot of oil. I will never let my oil changes go to the 7,000 mile interval. Every vehicle I have changed with synthetic oil that was meant to go 5,000 mile intervals was very black. Unfortunately most manufacturers have it built in that some oil consumption is normal. That 0.9L in 3,000km's seems very high. That would be almost 1 quart of oil every 1,800 miles.
How do people in Korea like this model of car?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not heard of anyone having oil consumption issues with their Trailblazers. When I did my first oil change at 3600 miles the oil was very black, but it wasn't low.

Steve
Not all cars are the same in Korea.

But I saw suspicious cases in this forum

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bang, Welcome to the forum. Your English is fine. I am now over 6,000 mile with 1 oil change. I have experienced zero oil level loss so far. It is a concern of mine with a new engine design. Especially after having a Chevy Equinox with the 2.4 that consumed a lot of oil. I will never let my oil changes go to the 7,000 mile interval. Every vehicle I have changed with synthetic oil that was meant to go 5,000 mile intervals was very black. Unfortunately most manufacturers have it built in that some oil consumption is normal. That 0.9L in 3,000km's seems very high. That would be almost 1 quart of oil every 1,800 miles.
How do people in Korea like this model of car?
Most people like the design of this model

and..... the stability, the basics of the car, etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a saying in the vehicle instruction manual, "Please change engine oil for 5000 km."

However, many people checked the engine oil level gauge below the Low value before reaching 5000 km.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There is a saying in the vehicle instruction manual, "Please change engine oil for 5000 km."

However, many people checked the engine oil level gauge below the Low value before reaching 5000 km.
Interesting. I'm sure more owners will check their oil levels now and hopefully they will report any problems here. I will definitely keep a eye on my mine.

Steve

Reactions: MichelleC0105

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
483 Posts
I checked mine right before our 4k change, it was fine.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Registered
90 Posts
Could be the type of oil being used different markets in different countries have different government standards and restrictions. A better explanation for this is when you buy a TV on black friday for $800 off the original price look at the model# of the original TV and your deal TV they the original will say 5004 while the deal TV will say stuff like 5044 etc. etc. They could have a different chemical composition causing the engine oil to be less thick which would cause excessive oil loss due to oil blow by in the PVC system this is why many DI engine enthusiasts get oil catch cans if they beat on their vehicles. Although modifying the PCV system will void that part of your warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Steve
Hey is it easy to change your own oil with this vehicle? I have not tried yet because the dealership is doing it for me the first few times.

·
Registered
557 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts