Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few werks ago, while waiting in the car for my wife while she was shopping; I was looking at the obnoxious huge airbag warning stickers on the sunvisor. I started picking at the corner with my fingernail. They looked like they could be removed.

I waited until I got home snd used a hot airgun to soften the glue and remove the lable.
The lable came off but the glue didn't. I tried to remove the glue with acetone. I couldn't get the glue off but succeeded in destroying the fabric on the sunvisor.
At this point, I really disgusted and order a new sunvisor @ $60.

I got it today and went in the garage to install it.
How hard could it be?

Two screws but the wire connector for the lighted mirror is too short to pull out so I had to lower part of the headliner. It took over an hour and was a real pain to change out.

Summary: leave the ugly lables alone

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
867 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I've never been a fan of the warning labels either, but I understand why they're there. Several companies make pre cut labels that cover the warning labels. It's basically just adhesive backed vinyl sheets. They usually have color options including carbon fiber which would look good in the Trailblazer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, I discovered there is a little difference in the lighted mirror lights. The new sunvisor I ordered had a translucent lense over the LED lights. The original mirror had a clear lens that showed 4 LEDs on each side of the mirror.
I don't know which is the newer version and it doesn't really make much difference in the function.
I like the translucent lens better.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I've never been a fan of the warning labels either, but I understand why they're there. Several companies make pre cut labels that cover the warning labels. It's basically just adhesive backed vinyl sheets. They usually have color options including carbon fiber which would look good in the Trailblazer.
Can you post any links to the companies that have the precut labels that cover the warning labels? I’ve looked but haven’t been able to find them.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Can you post any links to the companies that have the precut labels that cover the warning labels? I’ve looked but haven’t been able to find them.
Here's one I found on ebay. You can find more if you search "sunvisor label covers".

Sunvisor label

If you don't mind measuring the label and cutting your own I'd just buy a sheet of this vinyl since it's much cheaper than buying a pre cut version.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here's one I found on ebay. You can find more if you search "sunvisor label covers".

Sunvisor label

If you don't mind measuring the label and cutting your own I'd just buy a sheet of this vinyl since it's much cheaper than buying a pre cut version.
Quick note...really like the idea of covering the warning labels....did not know the sunvisor label even existed.
Before you order....measure your labels. My 2021 RS is 9 in by 4 inches .... the above link says they those are
only 3.5" .....so far unsuccessful in searching for larger ones. If anyone finds suitable ones please post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought some black matte vinyl from vivid off of ebay/amazon and cut them to fit. They adhere nicely and blend well. Did the same thing in my Camaro and has great success. For an $8 roll of vinyl you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I bought some black matte vinyl from vivid off of ebay/amazon and cut them to fit. They adhere nicely and blend well. Did the same thing in my Camaro and has great success. For an $8 roll of vinyl you can't go wrong.
This is what I'd do as well. It's much cheaper and you can be sure it fits perfect since you are cutting them yourself. 👍

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is what I'd do as well. It's much cheaper and you can be sure it fits perfect since you are cutting them yourself. 👍
ordered this for 2.49 (they are out of the carbon fiber) and sheet of the matte black.

I'll advise how it came out in a few few weeks .... thanks for the info...those warning labels really irk me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd love to see someone's finish results! Decide if I want to do the same. I have a cricut so I could measure and have it cut them perfectly with rounded corners and everything too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A few werks ago, while waiting in the car for my wife while she was shopping; I was looking at the obnoxious huge airbag warning stickers on the sunvisor. I started picking at the corner with my fingernail. They looked like they could be removed.

I waited until I got home snd used a hot airgun to soften the glue and remove the lable.
The lable came off but the glue didn't. I tried to remove the glue with acetone. I couldn't get the glue off but succeeded in destroying the fabric on the sunvisor.
At this point, I really disgusted and order a new sunvisor @ $60.

I got it today and went in the garage to install it.
How hard could it be?

Two screws but the wire connector for the lighted mirror is too short to pull out so I had to lower part of the headliner. It took over an hour and was a real pain to change out.

Summary: leave the ugly lables alone
Did you save the label ? Trying to find the OEM label and use it as a template to cut the vinyl I ordered precisely to
the shape (including rounded corners) of the original label. Only number on mine is 13506685 in right corner. Would
love to borrow the label and make the pattern.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you save the label ? Trying to find the OEM label and use it as a template to cut the vinyl I ordered precisely to the shape.

No, I wasn't able to save the label. It came off in a few pieces. The label is raised a little. You might be able to put a piece of paper on it and trace around to make a template.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you save the label ? Trying to find the OEM label and use it as a template to cut the vinyl I ordered precisely to the shape.

No, I wasn't able to save the label. It came off in a few pieces. The label is raised a little. You might be able to put a piece of paper on it and trace around to make a template.
thanks for the quick response...and idea. working on a template ...started with parchment paper and transferring to thin cardboard. awkward position to work ..not to mention the 90 degree Florida heat .....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts