2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site here, and can't find anything on this particular issue.

Anyway,

I got in the car (2004 Trailblazer 4.2 2WD) and when I turned the key, all the lights came on, cluster, radio, and headlights, for about a half second then everything died. When I tried again I only got a dim Service Engine Soon light which shut off after trying to start. When I turn the key off the battery light flickers and a weird noise comes out of the dash.

I checked the battery connections and everything is tight. Battery and alternator are about a year old.

Went back out to try again 20 minutes later and now it doesn't even give me the check engine light. Was running fine a few hours ago. Any help is greatly appreciated. Have a lot to get done this weekend.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
Schwifty Rick,
First, welcome to the site. Are you able to put your battery on a charger for a few hours? You should check your battery voltage. You have the possibility of a bad starter. Other possibilities are the alternator not charging, or a bad battery. Even though those two items are newer, they can fail. I replaced a battery twice in my ‘02 recently due to a bad batch of batteries.
I would recommend visiting some of the other forums for that generation of TB’s. There is a wealth of knowledge dedicated to them. I have used them for researching issues.
I hope you solve your issue. Getting stranded is a gut wrenching feeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, my bad. Lol. I suppose that in my frustration, I didn't even realize that this forum is for the brand new Trailblazers. I'll get the battery checked first though. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
No worries. Unfortunately the other sites are not offering a platform for the new TB. which is unfortunate, as site traffic has slowed way down as the vehicle ages and more and more units come off the road. They are good sites for that generation of TB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts