Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 RS AWD/3.0 - When I approach my SUV with the key-fob in my pocket I can hear what I can only describe as a servo motor starting. I lasts foe about 10/15 seconds. Anyone else experience this and if so, what do you think it is? Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
307 Posts
Raffy,

Welcome to the forum.
I notice what sounds like some type of motor when I open a door. There are other clicking sounds I notice when shutting the vehicle off and wait a few seconds before exiting. It took a little getting used to. I assume these sounds are normal.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
607 Posts
The sounds are normal.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
507 Posts
mine makes similar sound. Seems normal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Might be the electronic steering or a fuel pump. I'm going with the fuel pump priming like you would a lawnmower if you've popped the hood and seen our engines you'd laugh a little at that assumption.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Fuel pumps don't prime just from locking & unlocking the doors. It only primes as you start. We also don't have electronic suspension.

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
It scared me when mine went out 3x before I got it fixed under recall. Imagine someone who doesn't react with calmness or going down a hill....
I've now heard a few stories like yours which is why the electric brakes are questionable to me. They might be efficient, but lack of a failsafe makes me nervous and when you couple that with an electric parking brake well you know where I'm going, lol.

·
Super Moderator
507 Posts
I hear the same servo motor like sound when I get in our TB. Don't a ot of modern cars have electric brakes these days?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I hear the same servo motor like sound when I get in our TB. Don't a ot of modern cars have electric brakes these days?
It seems like more and more do these days, but I still like old school emergency/parking brakes since they can actually be used in an emergency.

·
Super Moderator
507 Posts
I would agree 100%.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts