Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the adaptive cruise. However today I was driving on the interstate at 80mph with no cars in front of me and suddenly the braking engaged and it was as if I slammed on the brakes at 80mph. Definitely unexpected and the car behind me had to swerve into the other lane to avoid hitting me.

I'm hoping this was just a fluke. I continued using it the remaining 3 hour drive and it worked fine.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
It's hard to say what caused it, maybe a bird flew in front of the vehicle or the windshield was dirty where the sensor is located which could cause erratic behavior. How was the weather when it happened?

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
Any chance it was related to a shadow? I've had that happen sometimes when there are long shadows that cross the road or on a sunny day when I pass the shadow of an overpass.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I too love the adaptive cruise, but it does act funny at times. I do get the occasional braking, but not quite as hard as you described. I never thought of the possibility of shadows, i will pay more attention to that next time....

BUT what drives me crazy is the braking when going down hills when it accelerates a few extra mph.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
BUT what drives me crazy is the braking when going down hills when it accelerates a few extra mph.
I actually like that it does that in order to maintain a more consistent speed. But perhaps it should be an optional setting.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I actually like that it does that in order to maintain a more consistent speed. But perhaps it should be an optional setting.
I figured that people would like that as well, and agree that it should be an optional setting.

Tonight I tried it on regular cruise and it still brakes, so its not just an adaptive setting. It seems to brake at about 3 over. I guess where i really notice it is on rural roads, as it comes down the hill and starts to brake right as you are going up another hill, then it has to give it gas again.
On the highways its not as noticeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts