Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in accident recently. You may check the video here
We were speeding up from traffic light while car in front of me suddenly stop. Neither Forward Collision Alert nor Automatic emergency breaking reacted anyhow. I noticed it's common when speeding up at low speed and distance with the car in front of you is not too big, despite distance sight remains green. Beware.

PS: headlamp costs almost 5% of the car itself and this is the first thing to brake in case of any front collision, keeping in mind how many of this lamps are on e bay with broken plastic connectors.

· Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+2022 Silverado 1500 RST Z71)
121 Posts
Did you hit the brakes yourself? I think that overrides the collision avoidance systems (but someone else on the forum may want to check me on that). It may not have kicked in before you responded.

· Registered
138 Posts
Did you hit the brakes yourself? I think that overrides the collision avoidance systems (but someone else on the forum may want to check me on that). It may not have kicked in before you responded.
It takes over even when you're breaking. I've had it launch the brake pedal to the floor while I was already heavy breaking. I had to touch the gas to get it to release because it wanted to slam me to a full stop and I would have risked getting rear ended had that happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts