Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased my TB and I’m one of the rare people who like the auto stop feature. But I noticed sometimes when it activates and turns off - it randomly starts the engine again with in like a minute even with my foot still on the brake. I’m new to this tech. Can someone explain why it would just randomly start up with my foot never leaving the break?

thank you :)

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
82 Posts
If a vehicle system requires the engine to run, the auto stop is aborted. For example: a hot day, AC is on, cabin is warm and needs cooling. The engine is not stopped because that would stop the AC compressor that is driven by the engine. The result if the engine is stopped is warming of the cabin instead of cooling. Brakes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If a vehicle system requires the engine to run, the auto stop is aborted. For example: a hot day, AC is on, cabin is warm and needs cooling. The engine is not stopped because that would stop the AC compressor that is driven by the engine. The result if the engine is stopped is warming of the cabin instead of cooling. Brakes.
Appreciate the explanation also. I live in South Florida and have had a similar experience when I have forgotten to turn
the auto stop off. I do not like the auto stop....not used to that feature and startles me like the engine stalled. It is
too noticeable with that 3 banger. I also wish the default was "off" not "on".

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
235 Posts
I don't like it for many reasons. Accelerated wear on the starter, unnecessary load on the electrical system (when the engine is off the electrical system relies completely on battery power since the alternator isn't charging), reduced battery life due to sudden loads placed on the battery, and most importantly it's just annoying, lol.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts