Trailblazer Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
237 Posts
There is some good news.
I just edited my post. We still do not know the VIN sequence that was affected by the contaminated parts, only the days when the parts were manufactured by the supplier. All we really know is that 3317 Trailblazers worldwide are affected.

Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
A little more info:

On June 30, 2020, GM opened an investigation into potential loss of brake boost assist in certain 2021 model year Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicles after a review of warranty data for the Korean market revealed several complaints of increased braking effort in those vehicles. Together with the electronic brake boost system supplier, GM conducted a teardown and material composition analysis of returned warranty parts for these vehicles. The analysis revealed evidence of material contamination in a connector to the system’s rotor position sensor (RPS). Testing was undertaken, which demonstrated such contamination could degrade the electrical connection between the RPS and the brake assist system, potentially causing loss of brake assist. GM and the system supplier reviewed warranty claim data and the connector material supplier’s production records. They discovered that, during a three day production window from December 16 to December 18, 2019, the connector material supplier failed to perform required cleaning of tooling used to manufacture the material where contamination was found. GM’s investigator completed a read across to determine which vehicles may be affected.

On September 17, 2020, GM’s Safety and Field Action Decision Authority decided to conduct a safety recall. GM is not aware of any injuries or accidents related to this condition.

Steve
No accidents yet. Or ones that were never reported. I mean twice now if it had been my wife driving it would have been an accident almost guaranteed. I'm happy it's being fixed under warranty and yes I did think the same thing that my issue may be this with something worse around the corner waiting to happen only time will tell. However I maintain applying more pressure to the brakes is a bad statement you go 80% down and it barely starts braking and then when you let off it says parking brake disengaged. Got off the phone with a service rep the part is in hasn't been worked on yet thinking probably after holiday weekend.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just edited my post. We still do not know the VIN sequence that was affected by the contaminated parts, only the days when the parts were manufactured by the supplier. All we really know is that 3317 Trailblazers worldwide are affected.

Steve
I picked mine up last week in July. So you figure anything produced just after May is suspect.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I picked mine up last week in July. So you figure anything produced just after May is suspect.
Thanks for posting this. It helps to know when the Trailblazers that are affected were manufactured. Did you get a nice C8 for a loaner car, lol? Seriously though I hope they take care of you since this problem is very dangerous not to mention having to wait since parts aren't even available yet.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
291 Posts
I'd be asking for a loaner car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haha a C8 I woulda settled for a Gen 6 SS or ZL1 no they gave me a GMC Trrain that has no shift knob.... like wtf is the world coming to. I'll be calling them on tuesday if I don't hear from them before then.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Haha a C8 I woulda settled for a Gen 6 SS or ZL1 no they gave me a GMC Trrain that has no shift knob.... like wtf is the world coming to. I'll be calling them on tuesday if I don't hear from them before then.
Yeah the SS or ZL1 would be nice and I'd tell them "take your time, I'm in no hurry to get my Trailblazer back", lol. 😁

Steve

41 - 47 of 47 Posts