Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
224 Posts
CEL on or not wouldn't the code be stored in the computer?

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Well I got with GM online, my TB is not on any recall. Asked about the stop sale order, didn't really have anything to say about that. I guess this recall does not affect all TB's. This truck better not put me into the rear end of another car. ha ha

·
Registered
12 Posts
CEL on or not wouldn't the code be stored in the computer?
Some codes like the chassis will show as historic this one doesn't because it will clear itself out after a few ignition cycles like I said OnStar was the one triggering it not any weird drive conditions. My dealership is still perplexed as to why OnStar did it apparently they experienced it at a sister dealership on a test drive the day before I went back in with pictures. I'm imagining GM said quit the shit eventually as the parts aren't available yet and they'd likely hold them for the Vette block before trickling down to the other models.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
EXACTLY, hold for the VETTES first. Well the dealer, GM (asked via GM.COM chat) and doing it via online mine is not coming up as recall. We have had nothing from Onstar. We do not pay for the service so I guess we would not get anything though that?

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
You have pictures of the message? Can you post them here???

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
167 Posts
I've had OnStar for almost 6 months and have never received any "fake" warning or service messages. I also checked with my dealership and my Trailblazer isn't on the "brake" recall list yet. Depending on when the contaminated brake parts were installed it's entirely possible not all Trailblazers will need servicing.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
I did think that also that maybe some TB's got out the door before the bad parts got on them.
Is there a way to tell by the vin what sequence ones TB came off the line?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
167 Posts
Is there a way to tell by the vin what sequence ones TB came off the line?
In time GM should release that information, but it's possible they are still investigating what VIN numbers had the batch of contaminated parts installed. Being a member of the Vette community I can tell you not all 2021 C8's are affected either, but even they don't know what sequence of VIN's are affected yet. Hopefully GM will release more specific information soon. Just because my Trailblazer isn't on the list now doesn't mean it won't be soon.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
I was wondering just to know where my TB time build fell in the sequence.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts