Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does sport mode actually do? I have a 2021 LS 1.3 AWD, engaging sport mode doesn't seem to do much.
I have a 2018 124 spider that gets down and goes in sport mode, it is quite noticeable.
What should I be looking for?

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
537 Posts
Changes shift point I believe, steering changes also.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
659 Posts
Yes, higher shift points and less steering assist.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
317 Posts
I really didn't notice much of a difference either. I was hoping for a more noticeable kick. If mine didn't have it, I wouldn't miss it. I guess I am not enough of a spirted driver with it. Maybe I need more back road driving.🚗

·
Registered
659 Posts
The Trailblazer is fun when you turn traction control off, put it in 2WD (if you have AWD) and turn sport mode on. I can feel the difference in steering input and more available power.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I bet that ZR2 is more fun
Yes in many ways, but I still have fun driving the Trailblazer. Neither one compares to my last Z06 though. Can't shake the need for speed, lol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
All it does is tighten steering it does nothing to the shift points. A lot of people claimed this in the 8 speed Camaros well if you have tuning software like HPTUNERS or EFI you'll be sadly disappointed in what modern sport mode actually does. At most the throttle opens marginally to a little quicker that's what your feeling not shift points.

·
Registered
659 Posts
From the owners manual.

"When active, Sport Mode modifies steering efforts, transmission shifting, and suspension tuning, if equipped".

It's interesting the manual says "suspension tuning" even though we don't have any sort of electronic suspension or magnetic shocks/struts. I wonder if it's a misprint, like they took the general description from another GM vehicle.🤔

·
Registered
659 Posts
When I'm in sport mode my shift points are definitely higher with the same amount of throttle.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
537 Posts
They did say IF EQUIPPED. :)
I know in sport mode ours (ACTIV) is much more responsive in the steering, getting into the gas and the shifting.

From the owners manual.

"When active, Sport Mode modifies steering efforts, transmission shifting, and suspension tuning, if equipped".

It's interesting the manual says "suspension tuning" even though we don't have any sort of electronic suspension or magnetic shocks/struts. I wonder if it's a misprint, like they took the general description from another GM vehicle.🤔

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

·
Registered
109 Posts
Suspension and Steering Tuning is literally the same thing on these it's pretty words for the same thing to add value to something. We don't have adjustable anything except the electronic power steering atleast from the factory anyway. Again they can say it changes transmission shift points but if you've had any experience in tuning and the complexity of anything over a 6speed you know they're adding it in there for the tryhards who go hey it's faster in sport mode. We use drive by wire throttle control the old wire throttle method is long gone. Your it shifts faster is the revs hitting quicker because of throttle manipulation not transmission when someone decides to tune or open one of these up with software it'll be an eye opener for a lot of people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts