Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replace stock speakers yet? Thinking of doing so in the near future and was wondering how much of a process it will be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone replace stock speakers yet? Thinking of doing so in the near future and was wondering how much of a process it will be.
Jeff...I'm about to tackle the front driver's door speaker tomorrow...have watched a few YouTube videos on how to do it...doesn't look that difficult...not sure about the rear door speakers, but suspect they're probably very similar to the front door speakers. Will let you know if I run into anything weird or hard to do...I'm an amateur "mechanic"...at best... :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
What speakers were you thinking of? I might replace the stock speakers in mine too, they're not that great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What speakers were you thinking of? I might replace the stock speakers in mine too, they're not that great.
I bought some kickers from crutchfield...put one in the rear passenger door and tried it out before I did any more.sounded worse then the stock did. So I put the stock back in

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought some kickers from crutchfield...put one in the rear passenger door and tried it out before I did any more.sounded worse then the stock did. So I put the stock back in
Stock speakers are probably low ohm so they don't need as much power to push. If you replace with speakers that are a higher ohm they will sound like crap because the stock amp is probably only pushing 20-30 watts per channel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock speakers are probably low ohm so they don't need as much power to push. If you replace with speakers that are a higher ohm they will sound like crap because the stock amp is probably only pushing 20-30 watts per channel.

Wasn't even aware I had an amp...not with the non bose system. Can it be disabled?/removed?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wasn't even aware I had an amp...not with the non bose system. Can it be disabled?/removed?
It's a built-in amplifier in the head unit. A dedicated amp would make a huge difference in sound quality, but would be a lot more work and money. Speakers alone will only be a small improvement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a built-in amplifier in the head unit. A dedicated amp would make a huge difference in sound quality, but would be a lot more work and money. Speakers alone will only be a small improvement.

It ll all be replaced eventually

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
90 Posts
So the factory speakers (non bose) are 4 OHMs, the Bose are at 2 OHMS. I got some JBLs at 3 OHMS which sound louder than the factory 4 OHMS.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Replaced all 6 speakers in mine, sound deadened all 4 doors with Noico 80mil, and used Stinger FAST rings on the door speakers. Now it sounds like I have a tiny subwoofer lol. Thinking about putting bass blockers on the door speakers and getting a powered sub for under the rear seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts