Trailblazer Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I do not have the bose system (if I do I don't know how to tell). I don't think the systems are terrible. I have heard better but many much worse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just order a Trailblazer LT with out the Bose. Not because i didn't want it just didn't want fake leather seats lol.
It would be nice too see how many none Bose systems have that speaker
I have an 2022 to with a non bose and for me the speaker doesn't do much at all. It doesn't add bass if that was their game plan. I'm going to take all that crap out and put (2-3) 8" subs and won't take up any space in the cab.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
869 Posts
I have an 2022 to with a non bose and for me the speaker doesn't do much at all. It doesn't add bass if that was their game plan. I'm going to take all that crap out and put (2-3) 8" subs and won't take up any space in the cab.
Does your 22 have AWD? Every AWD model is equipped with ANC (active noise cancelation) which requires the sub to help cancel out certain frequencies.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
94 Posts
You might want to look at the JBL Spare Tire subwoofer if you don't want to lose cargo space. I have one I have a thread about it on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw that! Interesting little setup to say the least. My wife has a 2021 camaro but with no spare tire, just fix a flat can so was going to give her my spare tire.

Question, on the spare tire sub. How is it powered? I dontbhave the bose speakers but did see the 4 inch sub under the tire but doesn't do much. I'm back and forth on adding an Amp to everything but was curious how you powered the sub you have?

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
94 Posts
I saw that! Interesting little setup to say the least. My wife has a 2021 camaro but with no spare tire, just fix a flat can so was going to give her my spare tire.

Question, on the spare tire sub. How is it powered? I dontbhave the bose speakers but did see the 4 inch sub under the tire but doesn't do much. I'm back and forth on adding an Amp to everything but was curious how you powered the sub you have?

It's a 200 Watt powered sub. I had to get an LC2i, or you can get an LC7i as well to splice off the factory amp and convert to RCA outputs. For your wife's camaro you might want to look at a Kicker Hideaway, I had one in my spark before. I still wanted to keep the spare tire so thats why I went for a spare tire woofer, its an 11 inch woofer. I'm adding an a little amp later to power the door speakers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do have the rs awd and what I read about that "sub" was for the noise from the roaring 1.3L
It's a 200 Watt powered sub. I had to get an LC2i, or you can get an LC7i as well to splice off the factory amp and convert to RCA outputs. For your wife's camaro you might want to look at a Kicker Hideaway, I had one in my spark before. I still wanted to keep the spare tire so thats why I went for a spare tire woofer, its an 11 inch woofer. I'm adding an a little amp later to power the door speakers.
I'll have to check that out. Right now I have the jl stealth box in the Camaro now and Amp where the bose Amp use to be. There's simply no room in the camaro for a spare so I'm hoping the trailblazers might fit but looks like a different hub size so mIght back to square 1.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts