Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't think I have the Bose system. Not listed out on my window sticker, nothing in the interior of the truck saying so and I have the speaker on the spare.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
748 Posts
I don't think I have the Bose system. Not listed out on my window sticker, nothing in the interior of the truck saying so and I have the speaker on the spare.
Does your spare tire subwoofer have the "pre production sample" sticker?

Steve

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have not taken it apart to check. What does it mean if it does have that sticker?

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have not taken it apart to check. What does it mean if it does have that sticker?
There are 3 different sound systems available on the Trailblazer, 4 speaker, 6 speaker and 7 speaker Bose. The 7th speaker in the Bose system is the spare tire subwoofer. It's possible some people got the subwoofer without the Bose system who also have AWD. ANC (active noise cancellation) is standard on AWD models and might require the subwoofer in order to cancel out unwanted low frequencies. The "pre production sample" sticker is still a mystery. In any event consider it a bonus if you have the Bose subwoofer without the Bose system.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I do have all 7 speakers in mine.

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
Super Moderator
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
yes

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quaid also has AWD with the Bose subwoofer even though he doesn't have the Bose system. I'm really starting to think it's necessary for the ANC system to work properly. It's either that or you guys got really lucky, lol.

Steve

·
Registered
84 Posts
So I went to my local dealership and looked at a LT with no options.
When I looked under the spare what to my surprise, There is a little speaker!
So it's safe to say they all come with the little speaker under the spare tire.

·
Registered
748 Posts
So I went to my local dealership and looked at a LT with no options.
When I looked under the spare what to my surprise, There is a little speaker!
So it's safe to say they all come with the little speaker under the spare tire.
Would you happen to remember if the one you looked at was an AWD model?

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found more info about the spare tire speaker and the active noise cancellation system.

ANC is standard on all AWD equipped Trailblazers, but isn't available without AWD. ANC uses the small microphones inside the cabin to listen for unwanted noise/harmonics and then transmits a sound signal to all of the speakers to cancel the unwanted frequencies.

The subwoofer under the spare tire is made by Bose and is called a Richbass woofer. It should be part of the Bose 7 speaker system, but many people here have it without the upgraded Bose system. The "pre production sample" sticker might indicate that many of the early Trailblazers got the speaker even though they don't have the Bose system. It would be helpful if we did a poll to see how many people without the Bose system still got the spare tire subwoofer.

Steve
The sound system on the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer is embarrassing. The front sounds fair. The rear sounds terrible. I was planning to install a powered Spare tire subwoofer, when I discovered the 5" subwoofer already mounted, which has no sound. Why would they install a speaker and not attach it to the system?

·
Registered
130 Posts
The sound system on the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer is embarrassing. The front sounds fair. The rear sounds terrible. I was planning to install a powered Spare tire subwoofer, when I discovered the 5" subwoofer already mounted, which has no sound. Why would they install a speaker and not attach it to the system?
Does your 2021 Trailblazer have the upgraded Bose sound system and/or AWD?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found more info about the spare tire speaker and the active noise cancellation system.

ANC is standard on all AWD equipped Trailblazers, but isn't available without AWD. ANC uses the small microphones inside the cabin to listen for unwanted noise/harmonics and then transmits a sound signal to all of the speakers to cancel the unwanted frequencies.

The subwoofer under the spare tire is made by Bose and is called a Richbass woofer. It should be part of the Bose 7 speaker system, but many people here have it without the upgraded Bose system. The "pre production sample" sticker might indicate that many of the early Trailblazers got the speaker even though they don't have the Bose system. It would be helpful if we did a poll to see how many people without the Bose system still got the spare tire subwoofer.

Steve
I have the subwoofer, but not the Bose system. So, there's no sound coming from the subwoofer and I am not happy about it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It's an AWD, but it doesn't have the upgraded Bose sound system.
You only have the speaker because you have AWD. The speaker is needed for the ANC (active noise cancelling) system which is standard on AWD equipped Trailblazers. If you also had the Bose premium system the speaker would work like a true subwoofer. For example, I have the Bose system and AWD so my subwoofer is used for the sound system and the ANC system.

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
How can I upgrade my system, so that I can get sound coming from the subwoofer? I am not satisfied with the sound system I have. The front sounds less than average and the back sounds horrible. If I only play the rear speakers and turn the volume all the way up, it sounds like I've only turned up 1/4 of what full volume should sound like. I was thinking about adding an 8" spare tire powered subwoofer, but I'm not sure if that would suffice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my LS AWD it has the spare tire mounted speaker it's not Bose system equipped. I'm actually a little mad that it didn't even have satellite radio, thought every car nowadays came with satellite as standard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have the step up from the base, the LT i believe. Any one know if I can add this? Or would I not have the harness.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts