Trailblazer Forum banner
121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Still scary and needs to be metal but that was lifting what appears to be a much bigger vehicle and lifted fronm the diff which there it is holding more weight then if just on point of front or back left or right.
True, and it looks like they are using the jack improperly. It’s my understanding that the little slot on the jack head is supposed to have the pinch weld seam in it. All of which may contribute to the catastrophic failure of the jack.

It also doesn’t give me a lot confidence when I see that the jack is only rated for 1000kg(2204lbs) and the TB is 4400 lbs. I know that the jack wouldn’t be lifting the full weight but I would prefer that the jack was rated with a little more capacity, say 3000lbs.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
The Trailblazer doesn't weigh 4400 pounds. The range of weights for the L to the RS is 2996-3289 pounds. There is still no reason to use a plastic jack regardless of it's weight limits. Plastic has natural flaws due to the molding process and shouldn't be used for anything weight bearing.

Reactions: Number6

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Trailblazer doesn't weigh 4400 pounds. The range of weights for the L to the RS is 2996-3289 pounds. There is still no reason to use a plastic jack regardless of it's weight limits. Plastic has natural flaws due to the molding process and shouldn't be used for anything weight bearing.
I was basing the weight on an Autoblog.com specs report for the TB RS that claimed a gross weight of 4409lbs. Regardless, that could be wrong. I don’t know, but I agree, plastic should NEVER be used to as a material for a car jack.

2021 Trailblazer RS

121 - 123 of 123 Posts