Trailblazer Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
25 Posts
You would think this would be treated as a recall/replacement situation and they would contact owners.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
You would think this would be treated as a recall/replacement situation and they would contact owners.
They probably will very soon, but that doesn't mean they have enough jacks to cover every vehicle that came with the plastic jack. You could go on the Chevrolet app, enter your VIN and then show the information to your dealership and ask for a replacement jack.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
25 Posts
Just got a call from my chevy sales person. I mentioned it to him a few weeks ago and he said he would research it. Sure enough he called and said they just recalled them and my car qualifies. Contact the service department.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just logged into the MyChevrolet web page and clicked on recalls for my vehicle and it lists the jack! Thank goodness for that first person that documented the failure. Probably saved a lot of people from getting hurt.

I like how they say it could fracture "if used incorrectly" deny deny deny.

Recall Title:
Mispositioned Emergency Jack May Not Support Vehicle
Recall Description:
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2020 – 2022 model year Buick Encore GX and 2021 – 2022 model year Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with an emergency jack that, if not positioned as directed in the vehicle owner’s manual, could fracture and fail to support the vehicle. If the jack fractures while under load, the vehicle could collapse, potentially injuring people near or under the vehicle.
Safety Risk Description:
If the jack fractures while under load, the vehicle could collapse, potentially injuring people near or under the vehicle.
Repair Description:
Dealers will replace the recalled jack with a jack with a different design. Undelivered vehicles will have the emergency jack removed prior to delivery. These owners will be provided a replacement jack under a customer satisfaction field campaign.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
139 Posts
2021Chevrolet Trailblazer 9B
2021 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER

VIN: xxx Recall data refreshed on Jun 12,2021
1Unrepaired Recalls associated with this VIN
Jun 10,2021
Manufacturer Recall NumberA212335470
NHTSA Recall Number21V440
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
SummaryGeneral Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2020 – 2022 model year Buick Encore GX and 2021 – 2022 model year Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with an emergency jack that, if not positioned as directed in the vehicle owner’s manual, could fracture and fail to support the vehicle. If the jack fractures while under load, the vehicle could collapse, potentially injuring people near or under the vehicle.
Safety RiskIf the jack fractures while under load, the vehicle could collapse, potentially injuring people near or under the vehicle.
RemedyDealers will replace the recalled jack with a jack with a different design. Undelivered vehicles will have the emergency jack removed prior to delivery. These owners will be provided a replacement jack under a customer satisfaction field campaign.
Manufacturer's NotesVisit manufacturer website at GM Recall Information | GM Recall Center | Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn, HUMMER and SAAB Recalls for more information. For GM Canada Company visit website at https://gmrecallcentre.ca

·
Registered
116 Posts
I assume replacing with a metal one.
I hope so but I notice that the recall doesn’t specifically state that it’s metal all it says is “Dealers will replace the recalled jack with a jack with a different design.” I’d like to think that GM has learned their lesson and will go back to equipping the cars with a standard steel jack. When someone does get the replacement it’d be good to post some pics.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
139 Posts
I have contacted my local dealership hoping to get a replacement jack on order. Unfortunately, the only direction given to the dealership is to confiscate the plastic jack, without a replacement thus far. There is no other direction given to the dealership. When I asked about free road service for a tire change, I got nothing.
So, basically 2 choices:
1) have the jack confiscated and use road service or
2) wait for part availability and still use road service if needed.

Qualifier:
The recall is only a few days old. The letter from Chevrolet has not been received. These things take time. Patience, grasshopper.

funny end note. I told the service advisor that yes, the jack is most certainly plastic! I’ve had it in my hands and I’ve seen the Mattel Toy logo! Of course that’s not true, but we had a laugh together.

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet TrailBlazer ACTIV
7 Posts
I spoke with a friend this morning who works in a dealers parts department. They said about roughly 4-5 weeks before the replacement part will be available for dealers.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
571 Posts
My recall notice just came via email at 5:09 am.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
There is a recall out now on their jacks. I just got the alert 2 days ago but haven't gone in yet for a replacement.
They don't have replacement jacks yet. If you take it in they will remove your plastic jack and notify you when the metal replacement jack is available.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
25 Posts
My sales rep called and told me there was a jack recall and to stop in to the service center and get taken care of. Went there today and the service guy gave me a deer in the headlights look. Said they don't have any replacements, um OK understood, but can you put it in your system and call me when it is. Nope they will notify you. Yeah, I was notified that is why I'm here. Not blaming the local dealer/service its just that GM could have handled this better.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
571 Posts
Still scary and needs to be metal but that was lifting what appears to be a much bigger vehicle and lifted fronm the diff which there it is holding more weight then if just on point of front or back left or right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Still scary and needs to be metal but that was lifting what appears to be a much bigger vehicle and lifted fronm the diff which there it is holding more weight then if just on point of front or back left or right.
I was thinking the same thing. They also used an impact wrench, which was inappropriate and could have damaged the mechanism.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts