Trailblazer Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
16 Posts
Has anyone used your GM points to purchase one? Not sure if you can or how many points you need....just curious.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
About the same for me, $32 for jack with shipping and tax came to $52.64.
I wonder if you can order directly from the dealership and pick it up to avoid shipping?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I received Part # 42521453 for the Encore GX today and the good news is it is a METAL JACK it has the exact same numbers on it as the jack ZR2LIFE posted pictures of. So now the only question is how long GM will carry the 42521453 part number.

Since I had already purchased another metal metal jack off eBay and in the Pay It Forward Spirit and to avoid being accused of "Hoarding Metal Jacks" I am going to put the names of all those that contributed to this thread and reported having a PLASTIC JACK in a hat and draw one name and I will send them the metal jack. I will announce the winner tomorrow.
And the winner of a brand new shiny METAL JACK GM part number 42521453 is brownactive, so if you message me your address I will get it in the mail to you.
Dale
Brownactive,
Are you interested in receiving this jack? I tried messaging you but haven't heard anything, maybe I did not do it right.
Dale

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just received the jack (PN: 42521453) I ordered thru GMParts and happily it is all real steal. I put it in my car and will consign the plastic jack to the dustbin of history.
Interestingly I noticed that the steal jack has a small bracket on it’s base that the plastic jack doesn’t have. The little hook on the jack wrench goes into it. I guess it’s to pull the jack out from under the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wonder if you can order directly from the dealership and pick it up to avoid shipping?
That’s a good idea, save the $17 shipping. Since it’s a Buick part I wonder if you might have to go through a Buick dealership to order it.

I’m going to put the scissors jack I got from Amazon in the trunk of my Triumph. The stock jack and jacking system that Triumph came up for the TR3 is the most insane system I’ve ever seen.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
They are often the same dealership.
Yeah all GM. You should be able to order any GM part at any GM dealership whether it's Chevrolet, GMC, Buick or Cadillac.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
16 Posts
Yeah, $28 for part and $24 + tax for shipping here. I'm going to call my local dealer.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts