Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove TB two days ago about 350 miles, pulled in drive and shut it off, not started since till today. I started it and felt for about 3 seconds a slight roughness in the idle then it was gone faster than it came and ran fine no check light.
26k miles now.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
976 Posts
Was it very cold outside?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would suggest adding some good fuel injector cleaner at every oil change or every few tanks. DI engines are notorious for clogged injector nozzles due to the placement inside the combustion chamber. I use a small bottle of Lucas injector cleaner every other tank to keep the fuel system lubed and clean. It's also helpful to run a bottle of water remover every once in a while to prevent corrosion from water which has become worse with adding ethanol to some gas mixes.

Reactions: JoeyTB

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would suggest adding some good fuel injector cleaner at every oil change or every few tanks. DI engines are notorious for clogged injector nozzles due to the placement inside the combustion chamber. I use a small bottle of Lucas injector cleaner every other tank to keep the fuel system lubed and clean. It's also helpful to run a bottle of water remover every once in a while to prevent corrosion from water which has become worse with adding ethanol to some gas mixes.
Yup, I swear by Chevron techron. I get 1-2 mpg better and it seems to drive smoother. Been using it for the last 10 years on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yup, I swear by Chevron techron. I get 1-2 mpg better and it seems to drive smoother. Been using it for the last 10 years on all my vehicles.
Techron works well and does a good job not only removing deposits but also preventing future build up.

Reactions: JoeyTB

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea a cold nights after sat unused for two days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts