Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. I have a ‘21 RS, and the shift to park message comes up and beeps every time I shut the car off. My dealer has a part supposedly ordered, but who knows when it will come in. Is there a way to disable this until I can get my car fixed? I’m spending 4-5 minutes each time I shut the car off trying to get it to stop. I rattle the shifter, push the side button on the shifter, turn the car on shift then shift to park..sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. I’m taking it on a road trip next week don’t want this bothering me, but I guess at this point it will.

· Registered
80 Posts
It started after I got new tires . Just came on an hour ago and it kept coming on every time I switched the gears . Now I went back to car and started it messed with it , shifting gears and I can’t get it come back on .

· Registered
80 Posts
Last week dealer “supposedly “ fixed it . No issues until today ! It just came back on ! Anyone else had this problem ? Only know me and the person that created this post ?

· Registered
80 Posts
Update , still waiting from dealer ordering another one of same part . It comes on and goes away every once in while . I think I found what triggers it . I had to go through a pot holed parking lot ( not fast it and carefully) and very bumpy . When it parked the car and tried to turn off , light notification comes on . Play with gear shift makes it go away .Seems like if something shakes the car it causes this from bumpy driving conditions . Dealer said it’s an electrical problem , doesn’t seem like it ! Thoughts ?

· Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,155 Posts
I would check all the plugs/connectors to make sure they don't have any bent pins and to make sure they're fully seated. If the intermittent problem happens from bumps it could indicate a loose or damaged connector somewhere or a faulty shift sensor (shifter assembly). That's where I would start.

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey all. I have a ‘21 RS, and the shift to park message comes up and beeps every time I shut the car off. My dealer has a part supposedly ordered, but who knows when it will come in. Is there a way to disable this until I can get my car fixed? I’m spending 4-5 minutes each time I shut the car off trying to get it to stop. I rattle the shifter, push the side button on the shifter, turn the car on shift then shift to park..sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. I’m taking it on a road trip next week don’t want this bothering me, but I guess at this point it will.
I also have a 21 RS. Lately I actually been having the same exact problem after they replaced the transmission. With that I’m always worried that she will roll from the parking spot. Now out of habit I pull her emergency parking break when I park. So it’s an actual part? After Christmas I think I might go to the dealership and get it to

· Registered
80 Posts
Update still waiting on the part order that was reordered after the 1st fix didn’t work . It’s getting worse and don’t know how to fix it . This is bs ! So now it takes me at least 5 min messing with the gearshift pushing buttons , going reverse to forward , etc . Eventually I can turn my car off . There was a lawsuit against this on older GM cars and was supposed to be fixed. What am I supposed to do keep going to the dealership to get the same part replaced over and over again ? What’s a person to do ?

· Registered
80 Posts
Wow anyone else ? Please reply anyone sees this . If this doesn’t get fixed , how can we fight this ? This would be the second attempt to get this fixed as soon as my part comes in . No holding my breath issue is resolved .

· Registered
80 Posts
Dan did your issue ever been resolved ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts