Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
841 Posts
The warning is gone but the light that comes on the button seems odd. When I turn on the system the light flashes like 3 or 4 times and stays off, I thought it stayed on when the system was engaged. When I turn it off the light on the button flashes like 2 times and goes out. I don't recall it doing any of that. I also hear a click from under the truck when I turn the AWD on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
brownactive,
Just checked mine and when you press the button to turn AWD on it blinks twice fairly quickly and stays on, and the dash display changes from 2WD to 4WD. When I press the button to turn off AWD it blinks twice a little faster than turning it on and the goes out and dash display returns to 2WD.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
841 Posts
Yea my dash display does change from 2wd to 4wd then back so that is working but I am sure, I think, when I go to turn ii ON, I get more like 3 blink times but the light does not stay on. I will look at it again tonight.

·
Registered
On Order 2023 RS
13 Posts
I had this problem on my new 2022 Equinox RS for the first time a few days ago. After a few engine cycles it went off and never came back. When I would push the AWD button the light would not come on or show on the DIC.

Seems to be ok now however.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kept getting service AWD DIC message. It does not clear. Took it to dealer and they said clutch module needs to be replaced. It is back ordered. I have a loaner fortunately so GM paying for my ride until it is fixed. I can’t complain too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kept getting service AWD DIC message. It does not clear. Took it to dealer and they said clutch module needs to be replaced. It is back ordered. I have a loaner fortunately so GM paying for my ride until it is fixed. I can’t complain too much.
Dealer replaced the clutch module and Service AWD DIC still occurs. They will be calling technical support.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The warning is gone but the light that comes on the button seems odd. When I turn on the system the light flashes like 3 or 4 times and stays off, I thought it stayed on when the system was engaged. When I turn it off the light on the button flashes like 2 times and goes out. I don't recall it doing any of that. I also hear a click from under the truck when I turn the AWD on.
i cant answer the light behavior. but the click is definitely normal. i can always hear mine click when it switches to AWD

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
399 Posts
So mine has started throwing service AWD system light. Sometimes it is on for several trips, and then goes away. I have an appt for Friday(11-25) to have it looked at. Unfortunately, the light is not on, as I write this. It was on when I scheduled the appt. roughly two weeks ago. About 4 months ago I had it in for this same issue, and an oil change. Of course the day of that appt. there was no light on. I was told there is nothing they can do, as there is no code being stored. When the message occurs, the AWD definitely is not functioning(no light on button) When the message is gone, it will function as normal.
I am hesitant to take it in, as I feel they are goin to tell me the same thing. The only reason I do want to take it in, is to document the issue. I am now at 34,000 miles, so nearing the end of the standard warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So mine has started throwing service AWD system light. Sometimes it is on for several trips, and then goes away. I have an appt for Friday(11-25) to have it looked at. Unfortunately, the light is not on, as I write this. It was on when I scheduled the appt. roughly two weeks ago. About 4 months ago I had it in for this same issue, and an oil change. Of course the day of that appt. there was no light on. I was told there is nothing they can do, as there is no code being stored. When the message occurs, the AWD definitely is not functioning(no light on button) When the message is gone, it will function as normal.
I am hesitant to take it in, as I feel they are goin to tell me the same thing. The only reason I do want to take it in, is to document the issue. I am now at 34,000 miles, so nearing the end of the standard warranty.
My was random but then went hard. It clears every time you shut off car. Working with GM my dealer replaced clutch module (do not fix it), waiting for a rear drive control module with actuator ( it has been 7 weeks and not end in site, dealer says part not in system and no date for its manufacture), last fix is to replace the differential (not there yet). Thank goodness they gave me a free rental Equinox. This is ridiculous!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts