Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i am trying to wrap my wife’s trailblazer 2021. Wondering if anybody has removed the roof rails? Do i have to drop the head liner? I tried to remove caps on top but had no luck. Also did anybody removed A pillar black trim as well. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello everyone, i am trying to wrap my wife’s trailblazer 2021. Wondering if anybody has removed the roof rails? Do i have to drop the head liner? I tried to remove caps on top but had no luck. Also did anybody removed A pillar black trim as well. Much appreciated!
Yes the headliner has to drop to remove rails.i popped off the end caps to paint the the caps black.I actually had to break plastic in center of cap to get them off.caps are attached from inside of rail. I was able to see the rail bolts from the Inside.Going to wrap the rail when I have more time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the headliner has to drop to remove rails.i popped off the end caps to paint the the caps black.I actually had to break plastic in center of cap to get them off.caps are attached from inside of rail. I was able to see the rail bolts from the Inside.Going to wrap the rail when I have more time.
Much appreciated will drop try and drop the headliner tomorrow. I did try to take a look at the back did not see any bolts and i was like well this is weird. Anyways will go ahead and give it a shot.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
108 Posts
Much appreciated will drop try and drop the headliner tomorrow. I did try to take a look at the back did not see any bolts and i was like well this is weird. Anyways will go ahead and give it a shot.
Please let us know how it goes. Im thinking about PlastiDip for the rails too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello there for every one that needs that information. Yes you have to remove headliner to access bolts for oof rails. Each rail has 5 bolts. Also it is not that hard actually, i mean bunch of stuff need to come out but they have 1 bolt and clips that pop out easy, i did not break single one of them. If anybody needs more info let me know i will gladly help you out with that process.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
108 Posts
Well the PlastiDip project didnt go the way I wanted to, so I'm going to wrap the roof rails instead.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
108 Posts
In this week’s installment of doing things you can do but shouldnt do. I had to remove the headliner to remove the bolts that hold in the roof rails.

I painted the roof rails from silver to black using primer, black paint and clear coat.

Tools needed 7mm,8mm sockets and a 10mm deep socket. The 10mm deep socket is for removing the roof rail bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts