Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Several GM vehicles have the shark fin and I would think integration with the would Trailblazer would be easier with a GM part vs aftermarket.
that was my thinking as well... and i think the Blazer fins are colored to match. but i could be wrong, its been a few months since i looked at them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are plenty that would work if you're willing to switch the whole thing out. I don't want to do anything that invasive though. The problem is finding one of the conversion covers that will fit over the existing antenna base. I've considered just trying out one of the shorter screw in masts for now. There are since nice looking ones on Amazon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought it off of Amazon. It was just $6.99. Do a search for “StickyDeal Universal Car Antenna Mast Carbon Fiber Vehicle Replacement” it comes with several different adaptors for different cars.
Just got the antenna in the mail today (bought it off Amazon). Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been loving my new Trailblazer.

However, there's one thing about the exterior that I just can't seem to "unsee", for lack of a better word. It's that silly little antenna sticking up off the roof. I think that for a 2021 car, it's a little bit out of place.

Thinking of replacing it myself with a 3rd-party shark fin... Anyone thinking of doing the same or have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
134 Posts
There’s very little info on what the rooftop antenna does.

What is the impact of removing the whip and just leaving it off? What functions would be impacted? For me, I don’t use anything listed under the aforementioned multiband antenna. I might just see what happens by taking it off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been loving my new Trailblazer.

However, there's one thing about the exterior that I just can't seem to "unsee", for lack of a better word. It's that silly little antenna sticking up off the roof. I think that for a 2021 car, it's a little bit out of place.

Thinking of replacing it myself with a 3rd-party shark fin... Anyone thinking of doing the same or have any advice?

Thanks in advance.
I tried a STUBBY and got less stations.So I imagine shark fin will be worse.I Picked up a 7 inch rubber spiral.Works great.Walmart has them with various adapters.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts