Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Several GM vehicles have the shark fin and I would think integration with the would Trailblazer would be easier with a GM part vs aftermarket.
that was my thinking as well... and i think the Blazer fins are colored to match. but i could be wrong, its been a few months since i looked at them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are plenty that would work if you're willing to switch the whole thing out. I don't want to do anything that invasive though. The problem is finding one of the conversion covers that will fit over the existing antenna base. I've considered just trying out one of the shorter screw in masts for now. There are since nice looking ones on Amazon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought it off of Amazon. It was just $6.99. Do a search for “StickyDeal Universal Car Antenna Mast Carbon Fiber Vehicle Replacement” it comes with several different adaptors for different cars.
Just got the antenna in the mail today (bought it off Amazon). Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been loving my new Trailblazer.

However, there's one thing about the exterior that I just can't seem to "unsee", for lack of a better word. It's that silly little antenna sticking up off the roof. I think that for a 2021 car, it's a little bit out of place.

Thinking of replacing it myself with a 3rd-party shark fin... Anyone thinking of doing the same or have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
143 Posts
There’s very little info on what the rooftop antenna does.

What is the impact of removing the whip and just leaving it off? What functions would be impacted? For me, I don’t use anything listed under the aforementioned multiband antenna. I might just see what happens by taking it off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been loving my new Trailblazer.

However, there's one thing about the exterior that I just can't seem to "unsee", for lack of a better word. It's that silly little antenna sticking up off the roof. I think that for a 2021 car, it's a little bit out of place.

Thinking of replacing it myself with a 3rd-party shark fin... Anyone thinking of doing the same or have any advice?

Thanks in advance.
I tried a STUBBY and got less stations.So I imagine shark fin will be worse.I Picked up a 7 inch rubber spiral.Works great.Walmart has them with various adapters.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Not a shark fin but I replaced the antenna with a short stubby carbon fiber antenna. Looks better than the factory antenna and so far I’ve had no problems with reception.
View attachment 535
So I picked this one up as well... Got it today a matter of fact, and there is a gap in mine between the antenna and the base. The two spacers it came with just wobbled about when I placed them on there. Which thread did you use? I ended up using the black one that came with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I picked this one up as well... Got it today a matter of fact, and there is a gap in mine between the antenna and the base. The two spacers it came with just wobbled about when I placed them on there. Which thread did you use? I ended up using the black one that came with it.
I had the same issue. I ended up going to one of the big box home improvement stores to find a longer ‘bolt’ (?), then cut it a little shorter.

Pro Tip: If you go this route, take the new screw, put it in a drill, grab a hacksaw, rest the blade on the drill chuck’s “teeth”, and let the drill do the work. You’ll get a nice clean cut that you won’t have to try and rethread versus cutting with bolt cutters and having that section of mushed threads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That looks super clean. You mentioned you had to modify it some correct?
Yes, but nothing too crazy.

1) Removed the bottom plate

2) Dremel-ed the screw standoffs smooth

3) Attached the coiled antenna lead of the shark antenna shell with the included bolt

4) Applied some Automotive Goop to the stock antenna (a couple of small beads, you don't need to go crazy)

5) Aligned as best I could the shark antenna shell on the stock antenna bump and used a gallon Baggie full of sand to hold it down overnight to dry

There is an very slight gap between the roof and the shark antenna shell but as the stock antenna base is unmodified and this is just basically glued to it, there is no problem with leakage

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a large gap as well.I used the black thread and ended up cutting it about 1/4" shorter. Looks good now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think i found a carbon fiber one that will fit.. at least the measurements are good. Just waiting for it to arrive then i will update.

·
Registered
121 Posts
She did indeed :D

Thanks!
Well, it was a failure. the dimensions on the site should have worked, but when i received the item it was the exact same as the possbay one thats floating around here. So i gave up and got a short red carbon fiber antenna. Looks exactly like the black one that was posted earlier in this thread, except red.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The problem I'm seeing is the base of the Trailblazer antenna is freakishly large for some reason. Finding a cover that fits has been a challenge. The one I used (Possbay) I had to modify so it probably isn't the last one I'll be using but for now it does the job.

View attachment 338

What I would really like to know is there a stock antenna (fin style) off another vehicle that could be directly swapped with the one on the Trailblazer. That would seem to be the optimal solution.
do you have a link for this shark fin antenna?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts