Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cracked my windshield about 3 weeks ago and have called everywhere trying to find replacement. I understand there is a shortage, but even Chevy.com could not tell me if/when they might be available. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this - I am aware it is dealer-only right now.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
659 Posts
It hasn't been mentioned here, but on the FB group people have mentioned waiting weeks to months getting a replacement windshield. Part of the problem is it being a new first year model and covid has slowed or shut down many plants making replacement parts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I guess you have to hope for no windshield mishaps for a while. What if it was so bad you couldn't drive the vehicle. Whos paying for the rental?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Probably GM or your insurance company.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fortunately it is not so bad that I can't drive it. I don't plan on getting my insurance involved unless the replacement costs more than my deductible. I do not have specific glass coverage as it falls under my comprehensive coverage (I'm in Michigan). I read a post elsewhere that the new Ford Bronco has same issue, 9 weeks to get his replacement....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Let us know what it costs. I'm just curious. Also it seems places dont care about your deductible on glass for some reason or at least that's what I always see in ads. They either cover some of it and replace it no matter the deducible and you only pay a small amount. But yea you pay all this money for insurance and then you claim against it and they jack the rates up. Its a Ponzi scheme.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I remember people saying the windshield is around $1000 without installation.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
537 Posts
New vehicle, covid, lack of supply. This is the issue in some aspects across a sorts of industry across the world. We are a world economy so we will have to hurry up and wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cracked my windshield about 3 weeks ago and have called everywhere trying to find replacement. I understand there is a shortage, but even Chevy.com could not tell me if/when they might be available. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this - I am aware it is dealer-only right now.
Do y’all have Safelite auto glass company in Michigan ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had my windhsield replaced. Try Safelite, It only took a week to come in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts