Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're going to take the jack out and leave you with no jack?
I have one of the plastic jacks but I wouldn't turn it in until a replacement was available.
Yes, that's what they said. It's not safe to use one that won't support the vehicle. That's a good way to get injured or killed. They said they'd give me a phone number to call if I need the car jacked up, that GM would come out and take care of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I checked at my.chevrolet.com and my jack is recalled, also.

From my.chevrolet.com:
Dealers will replace the recalled jack with a jack with a different design. Undelivered vehicles will have the emergency jack removed prior to delivery. These owners will be provided a replacement jack under a customer satisfaction field campaign.

Since my vehicle has been delivered, there is no need to let them take the jack and leave you/me with no jack. I have no intention to use the plastic jack. If I was stuck somewhere with a flat tire and no cell service, I might give the plastic jack a try but certainly would not crawl under the vehicle.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,112 Posts
Is anyone else amazed that attempts at a plastic jack would even be made? This seems asinine that they would even give out plastic jacks to begin with...
I didn't believe it when I first heard about it, then I saw the pictures of a broken one and thought to myself who in their right mind would design a load bearing tool out of plastic, it's just ridiculous!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.