Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently there's a recall on the tire jack. Dealership wants me to come in so they can take the jack out, and GM will be in contact later to get the new jack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Apparently there's a recall on the tire jack. Dealership wants me to come in so they can take the jack out, and GM will be in contact later to get the new jack.
They're going to take the jack out and leave you with no jack?
I have one of the plastic jacks but I wouldn't turn it in until a replacement was available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're going to take the jack out and leave you with no jack?
I have one of the plastic jacks but I wouldn't turn it in until a replacement was available.
Yes, that's what they said. It's not safe to use one that won't support the vehicle. That's a good way to get injured or killed. They said they'd give me a phone number to call if I need the car jacked up, that GM would come out and take care of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I checked at my.chevrolet.com and my jack is recalled, also.

From my.chevrolet.com:
Dealers will replace the recalled jack with a jack with a different design. Undelivered vehicles will have the emergency jack removed prior to delivery. These owners will be provided a replacement jack under a customer satisfaction field campaign.

Since my vehicle has been delivered, there is no need to let them take the jack and leave you/me with no jack. I have no intention to use the plastic jack. If I was stuck somewhere with a flat tire and no cell service, I might give the plastic jack a try but certainly would not crawl under the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone else amazed that attempts at a plastic jack would even be made? This seems asinine that they would even give out plastic jacks to begin with...

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
866 Posts
Is anyone else amazed that attempts at a plastic jack would even be made? This seems asinine that they would even give out plastic jacks to begin with...
I didn't believe it when I first heard about it, then I saw the pictures of a broken one and thought to myself who in their right mind would design a load bearing tool out of plastic, it's just ridiculous!

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
Just got my recall notice via email this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts