Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,093 Posts
The only real solution is ceramic brake pads to replace the semi-metallic brake pads. Some dealerships are also trying to chamfer the factory pads which helps reduce noise. Replacing the pads with the same pads is not a solution even though some dealerships are trying it.

Reactions: Gypsy883

·
Registered
1 Posts
First problem I've had with my Trailblazer. I noticed when I back up, my brakes squeal. Doesn't do it in drive, just when I'm backing up. Car only has about 3600 miles on it, no way they should be worn already. Anyone else having the same issue? Could this be related to the brake recall?
I have the same problem back to the dealer 3 times they say nothing wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
5500 miles and my brakes still squeak in reverse. I also told them about it at my first oil change and they said they couldn't replicate it, but it all looked fine. They also said I might need to "break them in" a bit....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update on mine. Replaced with ceramic pads from rockauto ceramic Dynamic Friction 1551230700. Have about 2500 miles now and replacing the stock front pads with these pads cured my squealing problem. Took less than 15 minutes for each side, just be careful when removing the pads so you don’t bend the clips.
Thank you for this information... I'm usually a fan of semi-metallic pads due to superior stopping power over ceramics but man do these brakes suck on the Trailblazer. Pulling up in a drive-thru sounds like I'm driving a 1990 Geo Metro with 300,000 miles on it. Not to mention how grabby they are when you first start out on humid/rainy days. My 2014 ZL1 with 6 piston Brembos and track pads don't even squeak or grab like my Trailblazers.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts