Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First problem I've had with my Trailblazer. I noticed when I back up, my brakes squeal. Doesn't do it in drive, just when I'm backing up. Car only has about 3600 miles on it, no way they should be worn already. Anyone else having the same issue? Could this be related to the brake recall?

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
542 Posts
That is not related to the brake recall that is out there. If it does it all the time I would take it to the dealer, it should reproduce the sound for them and they will fix.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
669 Posts
Mine does it every once in a while, but only in reverse. It's nothing I'm worried about, just tight brake pad clearances.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
542 Posts
I would agree. You don't have many mile son it. Give it a little more miles, take to dealer if it is still happening. Mean time just turn up the radio. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
First problem I've had with my Trailblazer. I noticed when I back up, my brakes squeal. Doesn't do it in drive, just when I'm backing up. Car only has about 3600 miles on it, no way they should be worn already. Anyone else having the same issue? Could this be related to the brake recall?

Mine has been doing this for a few months now. I bought my 21 Trailblazer in October and I've since brought it in to be documented and there should be a Bulletin from GM about the issue but I just got off the phone with the dealership and there is still no recall which means they will not replace the break pads under warranty yet... super lame. Definitely bring it in and let the dealership document the problem, this will help later down the road when the recall does come out (& may help it come out quicker!!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts