Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not with mine yet. Would love to run through a Mike's Carwash.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
234 Posts
As long as it's touchless your ok, but I'd never take it through a wash with brushes. Hand washing is still the best, especially for new paint.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I find most touchless do not clean them well. Most of the newer car washes I see don't use brushes/brissles, more like 3 or 4 inch wide long material on spinners.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CTS)
25 Posts
I've had mine through a few times. The powerful drying blowers scare me a bit, though, as they tend to temporarily dent the hood. I just skip that part of the wash now.

·
Super Moderator
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not know you could opt out of the dryers

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
140 Posts
I use them, but only the touchless. I also do hand washing at home. The hood does flex a little. I wished the dryers worked better. The one I go to I have an area that I can pull up and park it and then I can dry the vehicle with a couple of towels. Otherwise It would be vey spotted looking from all the water doplets that come out from the door jambs and crevices. I even dry underneath the hood. There are some areas with a gridded pattern that water pools in.
When I get home I bust out a towel again and dry the remaining water. The roof rails really like to seep water out of them. I have noticed sometimes the next morning that water will drip from them and then run down the windshield. Now that it has snowed, I am a little concerned about water freezing.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
234 Posts
I use a Dewalt blower to get rid of most of the water after washing then a quick wipe down with Meguiars towels.

The problem with auto washes even if they use foam strips instead of brushes is that dirt from the vehicle before you isn't completely rinsed off so that dirt is now rubbed right into the paint causing clear coat damage.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a Dewalt blower to get rid of most of the water after washing then a quick wipe down with Meguiars towels.

The problem with auto washes even if they use foam strips instead of brushes is that dirt from the vehicle before you isn't completely rinsed off so that dirt is now rubbed right into the paint causing clear coat damage.

Steve
It’s been hand wash for us so far but as bad weather is here I may hit the U wash. I like the pressure wand and try to choose a good brush

1 - 9 of 9 Posts