Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT Pacific Blue Metallic
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me...? Or, for a new car, I am reading and hearing about a bunch of issues about this car. I really hope it does not end up a lemon like the Trax...
Honestly kind of regretting the buy. 馃馃馃槪

Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
From what I've seen so far I'd say the Trailblazer has about the same number of problems as any other new first year vehicle. We haven't had any problems with our RS that was purchased last May.

Reactions: NiNETAILED

Registered
Remember that nobody makes forum comments about how "I've had my Trailblazer for 6 months now and everything is going well". You only read about the bad stuff.

It's a new engine, but after almost a year in service there doesn't seem to be many widespread issues. The CVT has been used in the Malibu for some time now. Overall like most other GM products, I think the TB seems to be "slightly better than average" reliability wise.

That said I've only had mine for about 2 weeks/300 miles 馃お

Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
Remember that nobody makes forum comments about how "I've had my Trailblazer for 6 months now and everything is going well". You only read about the bad stuff...
10 months, 5,000 miles. A few quirky things to learn, but all-in-all a good car that I enjoy having.

now...I鈥檓 waiting for the 2022 Corvette I鈥檝e ordered. Wowzer. What a car!

Registered
2021 LT AWD
I have not experienced any other issues, yet. The only issue with mine is that it is under the recall notice. I have not experienced the problem.

It is a little nerve racking to hear some of the issues that have become common. All makes & models have their issues, and the TB will be no different. Hopefully GM can work the problems out, and it can become a good long term vehicle.

Registered
Is it me...? Or, for a new car, I am reading and hearing about a bunch of issues about this car. I really hope it does not end up a lemon like the Trax...
Honestly kind of regretting the buy. 馃馃馃槪
You are in a Trailblazer forum and follow all things Trailblazer related and wonder why you only hear about problems with the Trailblazer? That's called an echo chamber. I bought a new Audi TT and I can assure you that the Trailblazer has no more issues than that vehicle and Audi has been making them for 23 years.

Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
If you work in a Ford shop working all day you will think Ford suck, ha ha ha, those are a fraction of what is on the road working fine. This is a new vehicle, it will have issues that need fixed and others that are software ghosts in the machine that will get pushed out with updates as time goes by. I would suspect someone in GM is watching this site time to time.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

Registered
2021 LT AWD
You can actually go to any car model forum and see the common issues/complaints about them. I find the information useful for owners, and for those looking to purchase. When I had my Equinox, I experienced some issues, and it helped figure out what was going on. Believe me, an Equinox has their fair share of issues. I could then decide if I was capable of repairing it myself, or take it in. Fortunately for a few years I am covered on this one, other than consumable items.

It is part of the reason I am here. Sooner I can know what may be happening, the better info I can give the dealer.

Registered
You are in a Trailblazer forum and follow all things Trailblazer related and wonder why you only hear about problems with the Trailblazer? That's called an echo chamber. I bought a new Audi TT and I can assure you that the Trailblazer has no more issues than that vehicle and Audi has been making them for 23 years.
Dream combo man. I've wanted a TT since I was a kid driving them in a game called "Midtown Madness 2".

Super Moderator
I agree, came here to learn about any other issues others may be having. I hate that sometimes I know more about a problem than a dealer and when I take it to them they just come across as WE KNOW BETTER attitude than me.

Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
I agree, came here to learn about any other issues others may be having. I hate that sometimes I know more about a problem than a dealer and when I take it to them they just come across as WE KNOW BETTER attitude than me.
That attitude is very common at dealerships. It's kinda annoying yet funny when you know more about the vehicle they are selling than they do.

Super Moderator
My brother had the first run of the TT. Babied it for 10 years, low miles, clean as a tac. Went to sell and the buyer wanted to take it to his shop to have it looked at, fair enough, when out on the test drive the mechanic was ran into and hit parked cars along the road. TOTALED the car. Such a nice car, trashed on a mechanics test drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts