Trailblazer Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Random Service light for power steering ESC. What do you all think of it? Any more out there? Take a look at the photos. This is a message that popped up.

View attachment 368 Thanks View attachment 369
That notice has been happening to my Trailblazer since I bought it in June 2020. My
service department can’t figure out why it does that or what’s wrong with it. When that Power Steering notice comes on, all of my features turn off and I can’t turn them back on. Collision alert, hill assist, auto stop/start, traction control, lane assist, parking alert... etc. All turn off and I can’t turn them back on until the notice goes away. Mine also starts driving funny when that turns on. Only word to describe it is wobbly. The wheel starts to get wobbly then gets stiff.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
888 Posts
Some Trailblazers have had the steering column replaced after getting the same msg. Most of the problems seem to be software related and an update usually takes care of the problem, but if you're experiencing actual steering problems they should just replace the whole assembly.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
627 Posts
I'd be getting that to the dealer and leaving it with them till they fix it. They better give you a loaner also while they have it. This issue is affecting some of the TB's out there. As said here some remedies have been steering column replacements.

Reactions: Anna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some Trailblazers have had the steering column replaced after getting the same msg. Most of the problems seem to be software related and an update usually takes care of the problem, but if you're experiencing actual steering problems they should just replace the whole assembly.
Yes, the replaced my steering column, apparently, too. We'll see if that error message comes back.

·
Super Moderator
627 Posts
New twist on loaner? If i have a new car, less than 10k on it especially and it has issues I want a loaner car while they try to fix it. It's under warranty. Replace it with another while you try to figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New steering column has fixed my issue, 800 miles on the new column and no issues. I noticed right a way that the steering was stiffer with the new column. I had a Camaro before so I didn't realize the Trailblazer was too lose just because my camaro was super stiff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Random Service light for power steering ESC. What do you all think of it? Any more out there? Take a look at the photos. This is a message that popped up.

We just bought our 2021 Traiblazer 3 weeks ago and got the same error. Took it back to the dealer and they've ordered a new steering column. I'm wondering what mileage yours happened at. Ours was at 2700 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my 2021 Chevy Trailblazer LS 1 month ago and that came up on my dash last week. I took it back to the dealership and come to find out it was an electrical issue and after they spoke with GM it was safe to say it should not be driven until fixed. They said it could of gone into power steering failure. The part for my vehicle is on back order so I'm assuming this is a reoccurring issue with the new trailblazers. it will be about 2 weeks be fore I get my vehicle back. Good thing it is all covered under warranty and my loaner was all free through the dealership. I hope this is the only issue looking forward. Anyone else have this same occurrence?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just bought our 2021 Traiblazer 3 weeks ago and got the same error. Took it back to the dealer and they've ordered a new steering column. I'm wondering what mileage yours happened at. Ours was at 2700 miles.
This happened to mine as well and is currently in at the dealership with the part on back order. I had mine for 2 weeks and it happened at about 1700 miles.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
369 Posts
erin.noonan33,

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear your dealer has set you up with a rental while they wait for parts. Never fun to experience an issue with such a new car. Once you get it back, I hope you get a lot of drive tie in it to enjoy.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Yes!! We purchased our POS in December 2020, and we started getting that warning in January. Took it to the service department at the dealership where it was purchased on four different occasions and they claimed they couldn't find that there was a problem. Took it to another dealership and they discovered that it needed a new steering column. It has been repaired, but sadly we are no longer in love with this vehicle - mostly due to the unprofessional way we were treated by the dealership.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
Yes!! We purchased our POS in December 2020, and we started getting that warning starting in January. Took it to the service department at the dealership where it was purchased and they claimed they couldn't find that there was a problem. Took it to another dealership and they discovered that it needed a new steering column. It has been repaired, but sadly we are no longer in love with this vehicle - mostly due to the unprofessional way we were treated by the dealership.
I hate that you've had a bad experience. Most dealers suck. 😔 The faster we can change laws to allow for direct sales, the better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you. I hate the way these large single name/multi brand dealerships treat their customers. Once the deal is done, so are you, and you simply become a dollar sign on their bottom line. Never again!

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
369 Posts
Thank you. I hate the way these large single name/multi brand dealerships treat their customers. Once the deal is done, so are you, and you simply become a dollar sign on their bottom line. Never again!
KKARL,

First off welcome to the forum. I wouldn't let dealer A ruin your car experience. There is no doubt buying a new car and having an issue sucks. Even more established models still have issues that happen. With this being such a new model yet, there are bound to be more issues that get discovered by owners. It is good that dealer B was able to figure it out for you. That dealer may have had more experiences with the issue. I hope getting in, and driving will help bring back your desire for the car.

Please share some pictures of what you bought.

·
Super Moderator
627 Posts
Don't let the dealer experience bring you down. Enjoy the TB

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hahaha no they aren't working on any code especially not their engineers... wonder who fed you that line. Coding/Communication isn't what GM engineers do they simply design the platform but they don't do the coding to make it work.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts