Trailblazer Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Random Service light for power steering ESC. What do you all think of it? Any more out there? Take a look at the photos. This is a message that popped up.

View attachment 368 Thanks View attachment 369
That notice has been happening to my Trailblazer since I bought it in June 2020. My
service department can’t figure out why it does that or what’s wrong with it. When that Power Steering notice comes on, all of my features turn off and I can’t turn them back on. Collision alert, hill assist, auto stop/start, traction control, lane assist, parking alert... etc. All turn off and I can’t turn them back on until the notice goes away. Mine also starts driving funny when that turns on. Only word to describe it is wobbly. The wheel starts to get wobbly then gets stiff.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
568 Posts
Some Trailblazers have had the steering column replaced after getting the same msg. Most of the problems seem to be software related and an update usually takes care of the problem, but if you're experiencing actual steering problems they should just replace the whole assembly.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
487 Posts
I'd be getting that to the dealer and leaving it with them till they fix it. They better give you a loaner also while they have it. This issue is affecting some of the TB's out there. As said here some remedies have been steering column replacements.

Reactions: Anna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some Trailblazers have had the steering column replaced after getting the same msg. Most of the problems seem to be software related and an update usually takes care of the problem, but if you're experiencing actual steering problems they should just replace the whole assembly.
Yes, the replaced my steering column, apparently, too. We'll see if that error message comes back.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
487 Posts
New twist on loaner? If i have a new car, less than 10k on it especially and it has issues I want a loaner car while they try to fix it. It's under warranty. Replace it with another while you try to figure it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New steering column has fixed my issue, 800 miles on the new column and no issues. I noticed right a way that the steering was stiffer with the new column. I had a Camaro before so I didn't realize the Trailblazer was too lose just because my camaro was super stiff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Random Service light for power steering ESC. What do you all think of it? Any more out there? Take a look at the photos. This is a message that popped up.

We just bought our 2021 Traiblazer 3 weeks ago and got the same error. Took it back to the dealer and they've ordered a new steering column. I'm wondering what mileage yours happened at. Ours was at 2700 miles.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts