Trailblazer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
543 Posts
I wonder what the UPGRADE is? What makes it diff from, say, the one in my TB. None the less seems like a "easy fix" New model bugs happen, not much we can do.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
I'd ask for a TB so I could enjoy what I have sitting in their shop. :)

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
672 Posts
Just heard back from the dealership. GM instructed them to perform a Power Steering module upgrade and recalibration. If the message comes up again; I get a new steering column...
Thanks for the update. I wonder if they replaced the steering module with a newer revised one or if they just did a recalibration on the current one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found this tread very helpful. Got a 21 Trailblazer RS a couple weeks ago and love it. The light came on for me also at 500 miles then again at 800. Took it to the dealership this morning and they're putting a new steering column in.

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
Seems like these issues are hitting newer TB's then us older (early production) ones out on the road. Weird.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
327 Posts
I am surprised at the different approaches from the dealers between MichelleC0105 and Nico726. Does anyone know if this trips a code where it could be scanned with an OBD reader?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am surprised at the different approaches from the dealers between MichelleC0105 and Nico726. Does anyone know if this trips a code where it could be scanned with an OBD reader?
It does but it will clear out entirely as it's not a major historical fault on your next ignition cycle. So unless you leave your TB running and scan it won't be there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Random Service light for power steering ESC. What do you all think of it? Any more out there? Take a look at the photos. This is a message that popped up.

View attachment 368 Thanks View attachment 369
My 2021 Trailblazer is currently at the dealership for the FOURTH time with this same issue. The first two times they said they recalibrated the Power Steering module and the third time they calibrated the brake system control module which had corrupt programming. Today they told me they ordered a new steering gear and the part will be in in 3-5 days, while I drive the measley Trax as a loaner I had to put $200 down to be able to drive it. I feel defeated. I used to have lease vehicles until my company moved and now it's 84 miles round trip. I thought the Trailblazer would be perfect. I even named it "baby bear" as it was "just right". Ugh. So disappointed yet so hopeful I get my brand new car back without any issues. I've had it since November 4, 2020.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
327 Posts
while I drive the measley Trax as a loaner I had to put $200 down to be able to drive it
That is a new twist on loaners to me. I could understand if it was not under warranty, or for proof of insurance.

I hope steering gear resolves it.

What model Trailblazer do you have?

·
Super Moderator
543 Posts
Have patience, they will get it. Mind you we are driving NEW cars with some new tech so there will be issues. Sadly some are the test mules of odd repairs that come about and get fixed. I would be PISSED they charged 200 bucks for a NEW CAR that they can't figure out right away.

Reactions: Anna

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is a new twist on loaners to me. I could understand if it was not under warranty, or for proof of insurance.

I hope steering gear resolves it.

What model Trailblazer do you have?
I have a 2021 RS. I nicknamed it Baby Bear, because, well, it was perfet for what I need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2021 RS. I nicknamed it Baby Bear, because, well, it was perfet for what I need.
And, thank you, I hope it gets fixed soon. And, that I don't have to take it back to dealer but for maintenance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
And, thank you, I hope it gets fixed soon. And, that I don't have to take it back to dealer but for maintenance.
I just looked up Michigan Lemon Laws "A defective vehicle is one in which the same problem has not been repaired after four attempts, or a vehicle that is out of service 30 days or more for repairs. The first report of the defect must be made within one year from the date of delivery to the original purchaser or lessee or during the term of the manufacturer's warranty, whichever period is shorter." So, if it's not fixed after this fourth time, I do believe I would be eligible to file. Great.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts