Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS
I'm so glad I found Ya'll. I bought a 2021 RS in June...19k miles now and the Power steering Message popped up. I read the dang manual and nothing....by chance I found this forum. Thank you so much setting my mind at ease....I'm 3 hrs from home right now馃お and have to drive another 4 hrs tomorrow.

Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around for NON vehicle chat. :)

Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
Discussion Starter #23
I'm so glad I found Ya'll. I bought a 2021 RS in June...19k miles now and the Power steering Message popped up. I read the dang manual and nothing....by chance I found this forum. Thank you so much setting my mind at ease....I'm 3 hrs from home right now馃お and have to drive another 4 hrs tomorrow.
that鈥檚 great! Did you restart the
cool! Welcome to
The group! Did the msg go away for
You?

Super Moderator
Tessa I think you have the most miles on a TB of any of us here that have reported that feat. I am at almost 9k and thought I was the most.

Super Moderator
Does seem this is the most common issue with the TB at this point.

Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS
Tessa I think you have the most miles on a TB of any of us here that have reported that feat. I am at almost 9k and thought I was the most.
I drive a ton for work...always on the road and I hate watching the odometer grow 馃
that鈥檚 great! Did you restart the

cool! Welcome to
The group! Did the msg go away for
You?
Yes...it went away and I drove home with no issues :love:

Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
Just dropped mine off at the dealership for the second time this month.
Sorry to hear your having some problems. This message is most likely due to a software glitch and should be resolved with an update. Please let us know what the dealership finds so we can help other owners with a similar problem.

Reactions: Tessa

Registered
Sorry to hear your having some problems. This message is most likely due to a software glitch and should be resolved with an update. Please let us know what the dealership finds so we can help other owners with a similar problem.
The dealership decided to keep for the rest of the weekend. They鈥檙e working with GM to figure out the issue. As of now, they鈥檙e leaning towards an electrical issue.

Super Moderator
Let them get it fixed. Don't let this sour you on the TB. It is a nice ride, just being a NEW design in most aspects, there will be bugs in them for all of us, seeing diff things at any given point.

Super Moderator
Just let us know what the fix was so others that will prob have the similar issue will know. I hope the dealer gave you a loaner car.

Reactions: ZR2LIFE

Registered
It's a normal issue some updates fixed it others still have it. It will not effect driving period that code and message is from a momentary communication blip where one system doesn't handshake the other fast enough. If your worried slow to a stop turn the TB off and back on the message will disappear. Same as the brake issue bit that issue was far more serious and could effect drivability.

I had this message several times before I had the brake issue fixed under warranty and have since put almost 5k on it with zero issues whatsoever. For retrospect I'm just under 9k miles so i had a number of issues with messages and brake issues in the first 4k but nothing in more time then that driving

Registered
2021 LT AWD
I hope they are able to find a solution for your vehicle. I would have been a little disappointed going that many days without a loaner to drive.

Registered
2021 LT AWD
This is a thought for everyone,
I know the forum is a small sampling of 鈥21 TB鈥檚 out there. It seems as though this issue is more common on the RS models. Might there be a difference in software, or any of the control modules that might cause this over other models?

Registered
Just heard back from the dealership. GM instructed them to perform a Power Steering module upgrade and recalibration. If the message comes up again; I get a new steering column...

21 - 40 of 59 Posts