Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going camping and I got a SUV lift gate tent to go on my new TB, my question is if I leave the tailgate up all during the camping trip (2 1/2 days) will this drain the battery?

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
571 Posts
If there are no interior lights staying on I see no reason why it would.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
338 Posts
I believe the rear cargo light comes on when the tailgate is open, so most likely it would drain the battery. I have never left it open long enough to see if it would time out and shut off. I don't believe there is a shutoff switch. You could try leaving the tailgate open for 15-20 minutes and see if the light goes out. If it doesn't, then you have the answer you need.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
139 Posts
I leave the liftgate open nearly always while in the garage. So far, open for days at a time, never had a battery issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe the rear cargo light comes on when the tailgate is open, so most likely it would drain the battery. I have never left it open long enough to see if it would time out and shut off. I don't believe there is a shutoff switch. You could try leaving the tailgate open for 15-20 minutes and see if the light goes out. If it doesn't, then you have the answer you need.
I've left it open for long enough to have it time out and shut off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts