Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going camping and I got a SUV lift gate tent to go on my new TB, my question is if I leave the tailgate up all during the camping trip (2 1/2 days) will this drain the battery?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
398 Posts
I believe the rear cargo light comes on when the tailgate is open, so most likely it would drain the battery. I have never left it open long enough to see if it would time out and shut off. I don't believe there is a shutoff switch. You could try leaving the tailgate open for 15-20 minutes and see if the light goes out. If it doesn't, then you have the answer you need.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I believe the rear cargo light comes on when the tailgate is open, so most likely it would drain the battery. I have never left it open long enough to see if it would time out and shut off. I don't believe there is a shutoff switch. You could try leaving the tailgate open for 15-20 minutes and see if the light goes out. If it doesn't, then you have the answer you need.
I've left it open for long enough to have it time out and shut off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.