Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a huge difference in power/acceleration/ride quality between the 1.2 and 1.3?? im still debating which one to get. I'm looking into an LT trim level.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a huge difference in power/acceleration/ride quality between the 1.2 and 1.3?? im still debating which one to get. I'm looking into an LT trim level.
I have the 1.3 2WD with CVT, RS trim. CVT tranny has surprising acceleration. I get major compliments on the RS Camaro type front end. It really sets it apart from from the other models, which have the “Soccer Mom” look.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
134 Posts
Not sure that there is a huge difference. 18hp and 12lb-ft torque of difference will probably not be noticeable to most. I chose AWD and I believe that it requires the 1.3L engine, which automatically gets you the 9 speed auto. The 1.2L only comes with the CVT transmission. Best bet is find a dealer with both versions and test drive them.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
167 Posts
There's a 900 rpm difference in peak torque between the 2 engines? That's a big difference between 2 similar engines. If you have the option, the 1.3 is the best choice.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
As the above poster said, the difference is in the torque curve. You get max torque in 1.3L sooner which means it will surge 0 to 30 quicker.

neither will surge 0 to 60 faster than 9 seconds. There’s an HP limit there. But due to torque curve 1.3L will feel faster in urban setting but 1.2L probably can pass better on freeway speed. Again these cars are meant for efficiency and no one is suggesting race car acceleration or passing for either engine.

1.3L will get better mpg so over life likely saves you cash. However a dealer will certainly be desperate to move a 1.2L so you could likely get him down in purchase price.

Let us know how it goes. Both engines are good choices and neither is a bad idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts