Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Jimpetut

·
Registered
160 Posts
I live in New England and can say I've had zero issues. One thing I will stress with you all is let the engine heat up in cold weather don't just turn they key and go This is twofold. 1. the oil operating temperature will be more ideal for the engine itself. 2. Letting the turbo oils warm up and flow through will vastly prolong the life of components and overall performance longterm.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mines been so far, so good in Sask, Canada. And we've had an absolutely abysmal winter temperature wise. I left on holidays for 5 weeks and it was -50c for a week and a half of that, and in the -30's the rest of the time. Car was sitting outside the whole time. Started it in -30c temps when I got back and it purred to life no problem.

It is privileged most the time and lives in a heated garage though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Zero issues so far and we have had a cold winter here this year with multi days in a row at -20 to -30 C, a few days even colder. Ours does stay in the unheated garage but did get left out a few of those cold days. I do start it up for about 5 minutes before I go. That being said my winter beater 09 Pontiac Torrent started every day I needed it to during the same time, usually only drove it 1-2 days a week. AWD worked perfect as well, drove it twice through nasty winter weather and no issues with studded snow tires.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
30 Posts
no, at least not sitting idle after startup. I do have to drive it a bit and it will eventually get to the half, but it does take a while.
Same here. When it's cold out, idling will only warm up to 1/4; I need to drive to get it up to half. However, my TB always gets up to 1/2 after a few minutes of driving. I've seen other people on here (or maybe it was on the FB group) indicate that their vehicles NEVER hit 1/2 when it's cold. Perhaps they live in a colder climate (upstate NY here) but I've never had that issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We live in Western Ny and my wifes Trailblazer sits outside all night. Idleing it only gets up to 1/4 gauge but after driving it about 8 miles it is at 1/2 gauge, which is normal. Her previous Cruze did the same thing. Our tempature has been anywhere from -5F to around 40F this winter.

·
Registered
124 Posts
-8 C (17 F) here yesterday and I started it 5 minutes before I left work and it got to 1/2 gauge after 5 minutes or 2.6 miles. Warmer here today so I didn't watch it but if it gets any colder, I'll check it again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts