Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
356 Posts
Looks good. I wouldn’t have the patience to do that. If I saw the slightest flaw, I would be mad, and start over.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. I wouldn’t have the patience to do that. If I saw the slightest flaw, I would be mad, and start over.
The way I did was I backed into my garage and prepped the area and applied 8 coats, with the garage door open for air circulation that way nothing will stick onto the badge while using plasti dip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks great. I did the Gold parts of the bowties last week, I‘m on the bubble with the lettering (and the contrast with the Midnight Blue paint).
* the dot seen on the front bowtie is/was a bug

Tips for anyone considering this:
  • Prep the area well. TSP to clean the area you plan to Dip, but Isopropyl alcohol will also work
  • Tape off surrounding areas well, otherwise you’ll be cleaning tiny bits of Dip off your taillights (easy enough to get off but time consuming)
  • “Overtape”... in the lettering scenario, you’re going to spray the letters AND the tailgate between the lettering, then once dry you’ll peel off the Dip from the tailgate (and the Dip will break at the seam)
  • Keep the spray cans in a warm pail of water, you’ll get a smoother and more fluid spray (and avoid potential clumping or “spitting” from the nozzle)

Take the time to watch one or two (or more) YouTube videos on emblem dipping to get the gist of what you’re about to get into. And Plasti-Dip also sells Pearlizer and Metalizer if you really want to make the Dip “pop” and stand out.

It’s easy and fun. Enjoy this easy mod.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great. I did the Gold parts of the bowties last week, I‘m on the bubble with the lettering (and the contrast with the Midnight Blue paint).
* the dot seen on the front bowtie is/was a bug

Tips for anyone considering this:
  • Prep the area well. TSP to clean the area you plan to Dip, but Isopropyl alcohol will also work
  • Tape off surrounding areas well, otherwise you’ll be cleaning tiny bits of Dip off your taillights (easy enough to get off but time consuming)
  • “Overtape”... in the lettering scenario, you’re going to spray the letters AND the tailgate between the lettering, then once dry you’ll peel off the Dip from the tailgate (and the Dip will break at the seam)
  • Keep the spray cans in a warm pail of water, you’ll get a smoother and more fluid spray (and avoid potential clumping or “spitting” from the nozzle)

Take the time to watch one or two (or more) YouTube videos on emblem dipping to get the gist of what you’re about to get into. And Plasti-Dip also sells Pearlizer and Metalizer if you really want to make the Dip “pop” and stand out. View attachment 1020 View attachment 1021

It’s easy and fun. Enjoy this easy mod.
Luckily my came with black emblem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts