Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in at about 1150.00 miles. Thought I would check the oil today. I checked it twice and it was down just a tiny bit on the stick between "the cross hairs". I'd think maybe a 3rd of a quart. Maybe it came from the factory that way?
I expect NEW cars not to burn oil. I have two cars with 120k (Miata) and 196k (5.3 Z71) on them and they use about quart between 3k to 5k mile oil changes.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
284 Posts
I am just over 2k and checked mine the other day. It was lower than I thought it would be. Still in the range, so no need to add. I didn’t check when new, so I have no reference point from where I started. I will be changing around 3500 miles. Way sooner than what the maintenance schedule recommends.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will take a photograph of the oil level on ours today and use it for comparison vs a future oil check.

·
Super Moderator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was up on the high end (good) of needs oil added area. I will just watch it and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am hoping tthey just did not top it off at the factory. I will be NOT happy if this needs a quart come 3k miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well my wife has a new 2021 Trailblazer RS 1.3 Turbo. At about 1,500 miles she had a code show up, so we took it back to the dealership. Upon inspection .. they found the engine to be 3 1/2 qts low on oil !!!! Our 1st question was "why didn't the "low oil" light trip? They really had no answer. They topped it off and said to return in 500 miles. My wife was ready to make a trip this past Friday to the other coast of Florida. It was very close to the 500 mile window to return, so they could check it. So, I decided to check the oil myself before she left. Nothing .... not a drop on the dipstick!!! So, go to say it's now at the dealership, we received a call today (Monday) that they were still investigating the rapid oil consumption, they said they think it has something to do with the #1 Cly. but don't have a bottom line answer. They are getting with GM about what's going on.

·
Super Moderator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a new motor to me.

Reactions: Micky

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
81 Posts
I wonder how long one of these things would run after draining the oil. 🤔 Please no one try that! 😬

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
284 Posts
That is a worrisome amount of oil consumption. New engine designs are always interesting to see what the common fault points become. Let’s hope it is a mfg lot issue of a particular part, than a stigma of the engine itself. I hope they can find a long term solution.

·
Super Moderator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been watching my oil levels, so far so good at 9k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm at 2,200 miles. I just did a 1,200 mile trip from Tampa to Philly. Oil level about 1/2 quart below the full marker on the dipstick. I topped it off.
Not concerned about that amount of usage on a new engine but I would recommend owners keep an eye on it.

·
Super Moderator
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine did the same thing. I think it may have came from the factory low. I am at 11k now and it is staying on full.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well my wife has a new 2021 Trailblazer RS 1.3 Turbo. At about 1,500 miles she had a code show up, so we took it back to the dealership. Upon inspection .. they found the engine to be 3 1/2 qts low on oil !!!! Our 1st question was "why didn't the "low oil" light trip? They really had no answer. They topped it off and said to return in 500 miles. My wife was ready to make a trip this past Friday to the other coast of Florida. It was very close to the 500 mile window to return, so they could check it. So, I decided to check the oil myself before she left. Nothing .... not a drop on the dipstick!!! So, go to say it's now at the dealership, we received a call today (Monday) that they were still investigating the rapid oil consumption, they said they think it has something to do with the #1 Cly. but don't have a bottom line answer. They are getting with GM about what's going on.
Sorry to hear that, but at least Cyl #4 has been ruled out as the culprit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts