Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of an LS with a naked roof. Curious if anyone knows anything about getting roof rails installed. Would like to easily transport my kayak.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
871 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I don't know of anyone who has put them on an LS yet, but I'd probably start with the dealership and go from there. Maybe you can order them and install yourself? Do you have mounting holes on the roof?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed factory roof rails on a Mazda suv. I had to drill 8 holes into the roof. It was held on with well nuts and adhesive. Not a project for the timid or inexperienced.

One small error and you're drilling through the headliner.

·
Registered
116 Posts
New owner of an LS with a naked roof. Curious if anyone knows anything about getting roof rails installed. Would like to easily transport my kayak.

Thanks!
I bought a set of the OEM roof rails. There are eight rubber plugs in the rails that are for the screws on the cars rails that you will need to pull out to screw in the rails. I’ll post pics if your interested.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
359 Posts
MattCTB,
Welcome to the forum. I feel it would be best to contact a dealer for cost with installation. If you do not have the rails that run the length of the car, it is most likely going to require the headliner be partially removed for mounting access. You might be able to see if one of the aftermarket companies like Thule or Yakima offer anything that would manually clamp to the roof at the door frame openings.
When you get a chance, please post pics of your new ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a set of the OEM roof rails. There are eight rubber plugs in the rails that are for the screws on the cars rails that you will need to pull out to screw in the rails. I’ll post pics if your interested.
Yes please, I want to see pictures of this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts