2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, does anyone know when Chevy will be offering the OEM Roof Cross Rails for the 2021 Trailblazer? I asked the dealer and they said the part is not out yet. Also, what aftermarket Cross Rail can I use in the event the OEM Roof Cross Rails are not available?
I just bought a Trailblazer Activ, Sunday, (7/26). While buying the vehicle the salesman ordered a, "Roof - Mounted Watersport Carrier" by Thule, (Part #19330171). They used my Vin # and ordered right off the Chevy/GM accessory site. The next day I was told that the part wouldn't work and nothing was currently. After mentioning how disappointing it was buying a vehicle with "ACTIV" on the car and not having a place for my kayak. After that, a few people in the dealerships office looked deeper into when they might have them. The word I got was they SHOULD be available in October, no idea of when in October. They said the back up has to do with factory shutdowns due to Covid - 19. So hopefully thet'll have something in October!! 🤞🤞

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
Hopefully that October time frame holds true. It would be good for the product line. I am hoping That this was not the way Chevy intended to roll out the product line, and that it is to due with the global issue. I do know at my work shipments from Japan that are consolidated shipments are taking on average 3-4 weeks due to airport restrictions. They used to be one week.
A family member just bought a Used 2017 Subaru Outback and got a look at it this weekend and they have an amazing roof rack. The cross rails are designed to swivel in place. When not needed they can be swiveled back into the roof rails. Very sturdy feeling design. It actually made me think how could I put these on my TB. I am not sure how many years Subaru has been doing this, but that is forward thinking in my opinion.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts