Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Hello, does anyone know when Chevy will be offering the OEM Roof Cross Rails for the 2021 Trailblazer? I asked the dealer and they said the part is not out yet. Also, what aftermarket Cross Rail can I use in the event the OEM Roof Cross Rails are not available?
I just bought a Trailblazer Activ, Sunday, (7/26). While buying the vehicle the salesman ordered a, "Roof - Mounted Watersport Carrier" by Thule, (Part #19330171). They used my Vin # and ordered right off the Chevy/GM accessory site. The next day I was told that the part wouldn't work and nothing was currently. After mentioning how disappointing it was buying a vehicle with "ACTIV" on the car and not having a place for my kayak. After that, a few people in the dealerships office looked deeper into when they might have them. The word I got was they SHOULD be available in October, no idea of when in October. They said the back up has to do with factory shutdowns due to Covid - 19. So hopefully thet'll have something in October!! 馃馃

Registered
2021 LT AWD
Hopefully that October time frame holds true. It would be good for the product line. I am hoping That this was not the way Chevy intended to roll out the product line, and that it is to due with the global issue. I do know at my work shipments from Japan that are consolidated shipments are taking on average 3-4 weeks due to airport restrictions. They used to be one week.
A family member just bought a Used 2017 Subaru Outback and got a look at it this weekend and they have an amazing roof rack. The cross rails are designed to swivel in place. When not needed they can be swiveled back into the roof rails. Very sturdy feeling design. It actually made me think how could I put these on my TB. I am not sure how many years Subaru has been doing this, but that is forward thinking in my opinion.

Registered
My dealer says the GM rails are now available. He is supposed to get a set tomorrow and we are going to check to make certain they are for the trailblazer (the VIN matched). I will post tomorrow on what happens. IF these are the rails, they are not inexpensive -- $325.

Registered
2021 LT AWD
Bullet33912,
If you would, please post the GM P/N and a pic of them installed if you end up buying. I believe a lot of us our curious to see what they will look like.

Registered
The best laid plans . . .

Picked up the rails at the dealer. We eyeballed them on the rack and I noticed they were a little wide. The parts guy showed me where he thought they adjusted and even told me how he had talked to the folks in the warehouse to confirm fitment. Wrong.

Got home and discovered/confirmed they are the wrong rails. Too wide, brackets is not deep enough to line the attachment holes up. I will bet money these are for the Blazer. UPDATE -- just confirmed they are the Blazer rails.

And be forewarned. The little caps covering the holes are a bitch to remove. They cannot be reused as the rail instructions say and half of them will break off at the cap head requiring you to shove the body through the bolt hole where it will fall down inside the rack. The dealer will have to come up with something to plug those until I get the right rails.

Dadgummit!!!!!!

Registered
The 2021 Trailblazers sure do have the dealerships flummoxed. Just goes to show that the consumer really has to do their own research, and the dealerships don't offer much more value than just ordering off of amazon.

Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CTS)
and the dealerships don't offer much more value than just ordering off of amazon.
Alas, I wish we could truly just order our vehicles online instead of being forced to use the dealerships for anything. I realize that the legal and contractual landscape just isn't set up for that, but it's a real shame. In my experience, dealers are 90% nothing but trouble.

Registered
Returned the rails, got a refund and a very heartfelt apology. The GM is going to call his contacts to see what the latest is on the correct rails. I went ahead and removed the remaining four cover tabs -- had to use a flat blade to start followed by angled needle noses. I bought M6X25 allen head bolts and screwed them in. At least when the rails do arrive, I won't have to fight the tabs.

Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
I have to agree that the dealers seem to be unprepared for the Suv. Several questions about rails and hitches which should be simple stuff to know and resolve.

Registered
The parts guy called me this morning. He waited until one of the folks who really knows GM's working to get back in the office to ask about the roof rails for the Trailblazer. He said she gave him a new part number (no, he didn't share it) and that it is showing currently unavailable BUT they should be available around September 19th for around $260. I am at the top of his list and he has a standing order with the warehouse for one to be sent upon availability.

I will keep you updated.

Registered
The parts guy called me this morning. He waited until one of the folks who really knows GM's working to get back in the office to ask about the roof rails for the Trailblazer. He said she gave him a new part number (no, he didn't share it) and that it is showing currently unavailable BUT they should be available around September 19th for around $260. I am at the top of his list and he has a standing order with the warehouse for one to be sent upon availability.

I will keep you updated.
BUUUUUUUUMP!

Registered
Heard from the dealer today. The rails are being manufactured and are starting to ship to distribution points. They are thinking the end of next week for where we are. Those of you on the west coast may be able to get them sooner.

Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
Not that I am aware of other then a TB only commercial with stuff on top of the truck I saw recently!

Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
For all the trouble they've caused GM should give all of us free roof rails.

Steve

Reactions: Artistico

Registered
Just talked to my salesperson today. She said "February, ... we hope". I am getting frustrated. I want OEM rails. Not some overpriced one size fits all aftermarket malarky. Let's fix this!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts