2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone know when Chevy will be offering the OEM Roof Cross Rails for the 2021 Trailblazer? I asked the dealer and they said the part is not out yet. Also, what aftermarket Cross Rail can I use in the event the OEM Roof Cross Rails are not available?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
ncolca79,
Welcome to the forum. I can't answer your question. It is an item I have looked for already, as I am considering using for transporting a canoe. You would think that this item would be available since they are promoting the ACTIV model as a more outdoor/adventure version of the trailblazer. If you find anything please let everyone know
What model and color did you get?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ncolca79,
Welcome to the forum. I can't answer your question. It is an item I have looked for already, as I am considering using for transporting a canoe. You would think that this item would be available since they are promoting the ACTIV model as a more outdoor/adventure version of the trailblazer. If you find anything please let everyone know
What model and color did you get?
I purchased the LT model in Black. What a out you? This roof rail issue is a vad one. The OEM versions are not available and there does not appear to be an aftermarket product available for the 2021 Trailblazer either. Not good Chevy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the point of roof rails if we can’t get some crossbars? Come on gm, get it together

·
Super Moderator
102 Posts
Agreed. They knew this vehicle would get used to put stuff on TOP. Why not have it ready or in the chute for arrival sooner than later.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
Agreed. They knew this vehicle would get used to put stuff on TOP. Why not have it ready or in the chute for arrival sooner than later.
Yo are correct. Right from the website there are different types of roof carriers for adding to your build and it specifically states.
It mounts on your vehicle's roof rack and requires cross rails.
I used a chat session to see if they could tell me if they were available and they could not find any information. It was suggested to contact my dealer.

So if you build it online and pick one of these options what are they using? I know a lot of these items are from other manufacturers, but they still should list them.
I also asked when merchandise may be available and suggested the Chevy mall website. Again they didn't know if there was any TB specific items....Last I had checked there was not

·
Super Moderator
102 Posts
Well I have the rails or rack what ever it is called that came with the car.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
57 Posts
According to the Chevy Accessory pages, many of the rooftop offerings come from the company Thule. Has anyone contacted Thule to see if they are supplying the crossrails?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My experience with factory cross bars on previous vehicles has encouraged me to look at aftermarket options instead. I see that the following is listed as available and compatible:

I'm confident that Thule and other brands will also have compatible options listed soon, and I'm also confident that they won't be new products designed specifically for the Trailblazer. The roof rack system using flush rails is not unique to the trailblazer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone...since the 2021 Trailblazer and 2021 Buick Encore GX are platform mates, I ordered the cross bars for the Encore GX. Bad idea. They are about 1" too short, as they need about 1/2" on each side to fully rest the weight of the bars on the side rails. I've been emailing GM left and right hoping for a response on when cross bars will be released and I get nothing. Still trying though!

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
pmGM enthusiast,
welcome to the site. Do you have a TB or GX? Where did you order the cross rails from? What is the GM P/N you ordered? Do you have any picture you could share?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The GM part number I was provided today by my dealer for the roof rails is 84528566. Not inexpensive -- $325 parts only. They are in stock for ordering.

I am going to wait a bit and see if any of the aftermarket folks offer anything. I still don't understand why you put a roof rack on a vehicle without rails in the first place.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
102 Posts
The GM part number I was provided today by my dealer for the roof rails is 84528566. Not inexpensive -- $325 parts only. They are in stock for ordering.

I am going to wait a bit and see if any of the aftermarket folks offer anything. I still don't understand why you put a roof rack on a vehicle without rails in the first place.
A quick search shows this part number is for the new Blazer, the bigger version of our Trailblazer. Does the blazer have the same roof rail spacing? It's a much bigger SUV.

OEM Genuine GM Roof Racks Cross Rails Pkg 19-20 Chevrolet Blazer 84528566 | eBay

Steve

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
102 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
For those of you looking for OEM roof rails, is there some reason you aren't interested in aftermarket instead?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
I went and read the article. Disappointed that they are offering them for everything else, but the TB. Even the Encore GX has them, but apparently will not fit the TB. My reasoning is if you are offering attachments that require the crossbars, as Chevy is, then they absolutely should be offered. A customer should be able to have a fully integrated system through GM. Why leave the customer opt for one item that would be required through a secondary vendor. Sometimes the aftermarket does not looks as nice design wise, as they tend to be more universal. They are marketing the vehicle as a crossover outdoors type vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So partly it's the principle, but also the aesthetic of a between-the-rails bar system versus an on-the-rails bar system?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
Yes, to both.
Principle, because you can order the car and add it to your build. Go pick up your new car and the rack is just loaded up inside the vehicle. I feel new owners are going to want it installed. Make it one stop shopping. Now you need to find if the dealer sells them, or find a sporting goods store that carries Thule. A quick search on the Thule Website they do not list a 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer.
Aesthetics, I believe is important. I may have a preconceived idea of how it should look. Here is a picture of a vehicle with factory cross rails and it looks good. May not be the most durable, but they are there and don't look bulky. Just like there are 5 trim levels of the TB. Give people options to work with.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree that between-the-rails bar systems have a great aesthetic, and we previously tried the oem bars from Ford. We found that we ended up needing to secure loads onto the plastic connection points between the rails and the bars simple because of the width of a canoe/kayak that we were trying to get up there. For the utility, we now use bars that extend wider than the rails. That's definitely not as sleek of an aesthetic, though. About to take a trip up to Algonquin park with 72" bars and both a kayak & a canoe straped up top (not with the TB, though).

For comparison of aesthetics:

The yakima offering attaches via their Landing pad #19, to their SkyLine towers, to whichever of their bar options you selected:
http://assets.yakima.com/product/instructions/8000245/1
Screenshot from 2020-07-28 17-53-29.png

Although Thule don't have the 2021 TB listed for compatibility yet, I think that their EVO towers should work. Thule will need to confirm which "fit kit" for the EVO towers will properly grab the flush rails on the TB, but the fit kit for the encore or trax might work.
Screenshot from 2020-07-28 18-01-27.png

1 - 20 of 22 Posts