Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about 6 months my Trailblazer will have a new carbon fiber front splitter, carbon fiber rear spoiler, window visors and license plate mount. I spent 4 hrs at company in Fremont CA today called Extreme Online Store. They 3D scanned my front and rear bumpers as well as the windows. The scans are now going going to their design team for modeling in Solid Works. Once the designs are finalized the prototypes will be made and test fitted to my Trailblazer. Once that is done I'll post the pics and ask them to join as a vendor. The front splitter will be RS specific, but the rear spoiler, window visors and license plate mount should fit all trims. I wish it didn't take so long, but their manufacturers are based in China and Taiwan in order to keep costs down. They appear to make very nice aero upgrades. I was able to check out a few of their cars like Corvette's, WRX's, BMW's, Civic's, Mustangs, etc.

Here is a link to their site.

Extreme Online Store

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be interested in a dual exhaust lower rear panel that would fit an LT model
They did briefly mention "we could do a new dual exhaust panel", but they didn't measure the rear bumper, just the liftgate, front bumper and windows. I can always ask about parts thats will fit other trims, but then they would also need an LT to scan for correct fitment.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's definitely for looks, an aero kit on a 3cyl CUV isn't going to make it faster, maybe slower in the top end, lol. I think I was just tired of seeing nobody make stuff for the Trailblazer, saw an opportunity and went for it. I'm a picky person so quality is key for me. If I don't like how it looks or the quality isn't there I'll pass, but from what I've seen so far they make decent stuff in ABS and carbon fiber.

Reactions: Number6

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very interested in following this and seeing what they can come up with. The splitter especially.

As Andrew said too, I want to see like a SEMA build on on of these. Lowered, wide body, etc. Always liked the Blazer Xtreme and what people were able to do with them in the S-Series.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would love to see what could be done with the Trailblazer and a SEMA version would be the way to do it. I would also like to see what the limits are for the 1.3 engine. I really think a reliable 200hp is attainable with this engine, but I haven't seen anyone try yet, maybe because the engine is so small.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Honestly don't get the dislike of the antenna for the ugly ass shark fin plastic that fades terribly. Guess those who like it wanna be like everyone else on the road.
Eh, its an antenna. The best look is one where I can't see it at all IMO and shark fin is best option to not see it. The factory antenna mount is flat black on the gloss black roof so it looks faded to begin with.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The "whip" antenna as everyone calls them gets better reception than the "shark fin" version. I just read an article about how Chevy still uses the whip antenna on some new vehicles because it pulls in better reception which is important for people who live farther away from radio stations. I guess the real question is do you care more about looks or having the best reception? The whip doesn't really bother me, but I have replaced them with short style antennas that still get the same reception. I've had pretty good results with AntennaMastsRus which I currently have on my 05 & 18 ZR2's.

Reactions: JEdward
1 - 17 of 17 Posts